Author Topic: Tali's Face. Your expectations, hopes, and dreams.  (Read 43341 times)

May 29, 2010, 05:42:57 PM

Offline CamoBadger

• Ship Captain
I'm starting this as a conversation about what everyone hopes, dreams and expects Tali to look like.
Please feel free to express your opinions and listen to others.
If you want to contest another person's ideas, do so, but do not degrade this into getting pissed with each other. Use logic and what we currently know about Quarians in your arguments, and keep it civil people.

Hush now quiet now, itís time to lay your sleepy head. Hush now quiet now, itís time to go to bed. Dear donít dream of him, keep your mind off of his hymn. Dear donít dream of him, or wake and see the dead.

May 29, 2010, 05:43:22 PM
Reply #1

Offline Captain Jean-Luc

• Captains > Admirals
  • Global Moderator
  • Full Quarian
    • JeanLuc761
    • jeanluc761
Better thread than mine *deletes the old one*

May 29, 2010, 05:44:12 PM
Reply #2

Offline Muk

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
  • The Qun is pretty deep. You wouldn't understand it
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Splinkdoodles
Liz Sroka with mandibles. NO ALTERNATIVE.

May 29, 2010, 05:45:04 PM
Reply #3

Offline Rune

• The Watching Talimancer
  • Ship Captain
A beam of light shines down from the heavens. The hissing finally stops and the mask is parted. Behind the veil shines through a pale purple beauty with short hair of black and eyes reflective. A well defined nose is then revealed and finally average lips in a smile.

May 29, 2010, 05:50:31 PM
Reply #4

Offline CamoBadger

• Ship Captain
Better thread than mine *deletes the old one*

I'm sorry captain. I didn't know you had made one.  :(

Hug make better?

Hush now quiet now, itís time to lay your sleepy head. Hush now quiet now, itís time to go to bed. Dear donít dream of him, keep your mind off of his hymn. Dear donít dream of him, or wake and see the dead.

May 29, 2010, 06:01:59 PM
Reply #5

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of TZF
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • SCIENCE!
    • EmilCrane
A beam of light shines down from the heavens. The hissing finally stops and the mask is parted. Behind the veil shines through a pale purple beauty with short hair of black and eyes reflective. A well defined nose is then revealed and finally average lips in a smile.

what he said

May 29, 2010, 07:50:45 PM
Reply #6

Offline Sergio

• Full Quarian
I don't have any particular expectations for her face, other than it looking pretty human. Everything we know about quarians point to them having very human faces.

Adamo, Tali + Shepard FF. Currently on Chapter 30. It seems to be pretty well liked, so, uh, check it out!

May 30, 2010, 12:05:53 AM
Reply #7

Offline Dr. Tran

• Administrator
  • Ship Captain
  • Zomg...
    • rdaruszka
    • darklordmyst
    • clickhereforlettuce.net
My expectation is basically Liz, probably a little paler with something odd ear wise.

I'd like to see vespaz's image as Tali's face, but if I don't like what we get I'm just going to mentally map vespaz's over the top and be done with it.

I like exploring the ideas of mandibles etc but I just don't see Bioware doing it.
He once challenged his reflection to a staring contest... On the fourth day, he won.
Please read the Forum Rules before posting.
We have an IRC!  IRC Info
And a nice webchat!  Web IRC

:legionsnipe:

May 30, 2010, 12:44:04 AM
Reply #8

Offline FXI

• Full Quarian
Okay, one thing I am positive about is that Tali won't have mandibles.

Why? The upper half of a lip can be seen on her placeholder face, and we can hear the distinctive sucking sound of a kiss as the romance scene fades to black.
Tali might no longer be my girl, but she will always be my Shepard's girl.

May 30, 2010, 12:44:37 AM
Reply #9

Offline Wolf Warden

• Full Quarian
    • My Deviantart Gallery
I always pictured her face to have a defined nose, slanted eyes as suggested by what we see behind the mask.  The eyes themselves do not glow but they can reflect light in a glowing was the same as a cat's eye (they glow under the mask because the mask tactical display generates light which can sometimes make the eyes glow).  The eyes themselves have a blue/silvery quality to them and have a slit pupil instead of round.  Her skin would be a pale grey with blueish or lavender tint (very slight).  Ears are more built into the head but not to the extent that an Asari's are.  I do not picture hair.  Perhaps skin patterns that might help blend in with the savannah like setting I always pictured Rannoch to have (drier climate means less forests & more grasslands) but it would be slight.  

You can also just look at my pictures in the gallery instead of reading this too...  ;)

May 31, 2010, 09:03:17 AM
Reply #10

Offline Lemonwizard

• Full Quarian
  • So stupid he might just be brilliant?
I will be pretty ticked if we get the reveal and Quarians turn out to be humans but a different color, because that's a huge cop-out on alien design.

Enough is visible in the silhouette that we can surmise it will be reasonably close, but I very much hope we get some defining characteristics. Realistically, I expect the defining characteristics are just going to stay the different hands/legs, with maybe no hair or something to that effect and the face is going to just be human (btw, my money's on gray for the color....early ME1 concept art of Tali had her gray). I heard one of the books mentioned something about Quarian ears looking a bit strange.
In the debate of all things, Occam's Razor reigns supreme.

May 31, 2010, 12:48:55 PM
Reply #11

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
My expectation is a recolored human. My hope is that Quarians are more alien that Asari are.

May 31, 2010, 12:54:00 PM
Reply #12

Offline Doommarine23

• Kikai's Son
  • Full Quarian
Similar to this small edit I did for a friend awhile back while we were discussing it.

May 31, 2010, 04:19:17 PM
Reply #13

Offline Wolf Warden

• Full Quarian
    • My Deviantart Gallery
Similar to this small edit I did for a friend awhile back while we were discussing it.

*snip*

I really like this edit.  I did NOT like the eyes of the original.  This fix has made it 10 times better.

May 31, 2010, 04:28:09 PM
Reply #14

Offline CamoBadger

• Ship Captain
You know what is sad...I never said my own opinion in the OP. Whoops.

Well, basically I want to have a pretty human looking face, maybe a little recolor to it, with silver eyes (not glowing, just silver), and of course, mandibles on either side of her mouth, and still with lips.

Mmmmmm...kissing your neck while the mandibles nibble the sides...

May 31, 2010, 05:09:15 PM
Reply #15

Offline PMorgan18

• Ship Captain
  • Octavia
    • PMorgan18

Never surrender. Your honour lies in Victory or Death.

May 31, 2010, 05:10:17 PM
Reply #16

Offline CamoBadger

• Ship Captain

May 31, 2010, 05:12:06 PM
Reply #17

Offline PMorgan18

• Ship Captain
  • Octavia
    • PMorgan18
That one is so cute.  I just love her expression in it.

Never surrender. Your honour lies in Victory or Death.

June 01, 2010, 02:47:13 AM
Reply #18

Offline Harold_Genhi

• Quarian Genius
  • Ship Captain
  • Rave your heart out.
i simply hope to see it and that she lives in ME3, not an F-ing death scene where she wants to kiss you one last time and you take the mask off, id be one mad individual as would... oh... every Talimancer...

June 01, 2010, 03:35:08 AM
Reply #19

Offline FXI

• Full Quarian
i simply hope to see it and that she lives in ME3, not an F-ing death scene where she wants to kiss you one last time and you take the mask off, id be one mad individual as would... oh... every Talimancer...

Well, I'd hope to see that if I do something stupid to get her killed.

As long as it was my fault.

June 01, 2010, 03:38:06 AM
Reply #20

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
Well, I'd hope to see that if I do something stupid to get her killed.

As long as it was my fault.
imo If you screw up bad enough to make her die you don't deserve to see her face :\

June 01, 2010, 04:18:00 AM
Reply #21

Offline FXI

• Full Quarian
imo If you screw up bad enough to make her die you don't deserve to see her face :\

Hey, that doesn't mean I don't love her! It just means that I'm incompetent!

And I do love her, I will do everything in my power to keep her alive and happy.

June 01, 2010, 08:35:34 PM
Reply #22

Offline emedeka

• Migrant Fleet Marine
  • Is a Life-like chat V.I.
    • mdkcde
The one thing we do know about the Mass Effect Universe is that Humans are the only ones with Hair (or "fur"). I think it was implied more than once. but I don't remember where  :-\

But well, being a commoner in the church of Saint James T. Kirk
I wouldn't mind if she looks like this

I Suport Legion Prime.
Because if he's going to be a NPC, he better be the Best NPC in the history of mankind.

Jesse James Allen. a.k.a. Lower Afterlife Bitchin' Rave song composer. did this track called Zorah's Fire as a temptative ME3 theme for Tali.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBOwP2RFDhA&feature=related

June 01, 2010, 08:37:10 PM
Reply #23

Offline XT Vengeance

• High Executor of the Protoss
  • Ship Captain
  • Drowning once more in a bottle of booze.
    • Vengance11
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance's Coloring Adventures
The one thing we do know about the Mass Effect Universe is that Humans are the only ones with Hair (or "fur"). I think it was implied more than once. but I don't remember where  :-\

But well, being a commoner in the church of Saint James T. Kirk
I wouldn't mind if she looks like this

I heard somewhere that batarians have short fur covering their bodies.

June 01, 2010, 08:37:18 PM
Reply #24

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
<snip>
They may have hair, I don't remember reading in either book or in either game humans were alone in it. And technically, we aren't. Batarians have a coating of fine hair on their faces according to Revelation I believe.