Author Topic: Tali's Face. Your expectations, hopes, and dreams.  (Read 43212 times)

September 02, 2011, 12:24:51 AM
Reply #125

Offline Muk

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
  • The Qun is pretty deep. You wouldn't understand it
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Splinkdoodles

September 02, 2011, 01:50:28 AM
Reply #126

Offline exelsisxax

• Podling
http://miinamiyafuji.deviantart.com/art/Tali-256123008?q=sort%3Atime%20tali&qo=11

so, you think she is going to look like a 10 year old girl, who is totally tripping her balls off?
my life for tali!

September 03, 2011, 12:00:54 PM
Reply #127

Offline sekse

• Full Quarian
I really want to know where people find stuff like this.

Second star to the right, straight on till morning? lol
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 12:03:10 PM by sekse »

October 01, 2011, 01:34:20 AM
Reply #128

Offline Advicepuppy

• Podling
A beam of light shines down from the heavens. The hissing finally stops and the mask is parted. Behind the veil shines through a pale purple beauty with short hair of black and eyes reflective. A well defined nose is then revealed and finally average lips in a smile.

This.

If not exactly that, than just make her face as adorable as she is.  No freaky sh*t.  That's just weird.  Like, if you're attracted to some creepy insectoid looking thing, or
BEWARE
Spoiler for Hiden:

*shudders*

then there's something seriously wrong with you.  Even if we were madly in love, if she took her mask off and I saw that, I'd either kill it with fire or put the mask back on and give myself a concussion to hopefully forget it.

So yeah, face as cute as she is.

October 01, 2011, 02:03:05 AM
Reply #129

Offline Muk

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Splinkdoodles
... What... in the name of god is that thing? It's like a monkey/rodian thing...

October 01, 2011, 02:40:41 AM
Reply #130

Offline Advicepuppy

• Podling
... What... in the name of god is that thing? It's like a monkey/rodian thing...

It's a retarded monkeydeer.  Was my warning fair enough?  Btw, that was my first post as a member of the forum xD

Edit

And it's fanart for Tali.  Someone said that they thought that's what she should look like.  I mean what could possibly possess you to say that?  That thing is an abomination.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:42:15 AM by Advicepuppy »

October 01, 2011, 04:31:14 AM
Reply #131

Offline sekse

• Full Quarian
Eh, looks like Jamie Lee Curtis after cybernetic surgery.

October 01, 2011, 10:15:11 AM
Reply #132

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
This.

If not exactly that, than just make her face as adorable as she is.  No freaky sh*t.  That's just weird.

Somehow that seems like a reversal of causality to me. At least in-game.

Like, if you're attracted to some creepy insectoid looking thing, or
BEWARE
Spoiler for Hiden:

Well, we do talk about an interspecies romance here after all. I don't think Tali should be insectoid or anything (lol), but the post you quoted - human hair, human nose, human lips? Wouldn't it be easier than to date a human? Just saying...

And really, disregarding the Tali romance for a while I simply would not like at all a race to be more human-like than the asari. That's the asari's shtick, that every race considers them looking just like them, and that they do look just like blue humans. So quarians do need to look well, alien enough for the sake of worldbuilding, any romances notwithstanding.

That being said, yeah I hope Tali doesn't look like on the pic. Though they do say in Ascension quarians have weird things on the side of their faces that might pass for ears... and the head form kinda fits to the helmets... so I can see the logic so to say of the picture. Still, I rather hope not that this is what quarians look like.

I think quarians will get a similar conception like drell. That is exotic enough but also similar to humans enough that single individuals can be considered attractive by human standards.

Even if we were madly in love, if she took her mask off and I saw that, I'd either kill it with fire or put the mask back on and give myself a concussion to hopefully forget it.

Now, that's a true point. If Tali were really hideous by human standards, then surely Shepard would have shown some reaction when he removed her mask.

So yeah, face as cute as she is.

Does that logic also mean that non-cute looking people cannot have nice personalities?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 10:16:53 AM by Octo »
The First Human Spectre

My fanfiction. ME 1 with Shepard/Tali Romance. Currently over 300,000 words.

October 02, 2011, 10:21:15 PM
Reply #133

Offline Advicepuppy

• Podling
Does that logic also mean that non-cute looking people cannot have nice personalities?

Hey, now, let's not go making assumptions.  Of course not, but I just think that making her like that would please WAY more people than it would piss off.  Retarded monkeydeer vs sort of alien but still good looking chick.  I'd imagine that most would choose the latter.  That one particular bit of fanart that showed her looking pretty human was amazing.  Personally I think that'd be the best for most people.  Btw, what do Asari look like to each other?

Well, we do talk about an interspecies romance here after all. I don't think Tali should be insectoid or anything (lol), but the post you quoted - human hair, human nose, human lips? Wouldn't it be easier than to date a human? Just saying...

She's just so damned adorable, though :P  Miranda's cool, but other than being eye candy, I felt rather indifferent.  The same goes for all of the others, really.  Tali was just so cute with her nervousness and whatnot.  I went for personality on that note, but if she's ugly or too alien looking (drell is a little bit too much for me, I think) then that would suck D:  They should give you the option at the beginning or something, but that would kinda ruin it.  I don't even know why I care so much, but having such a nice character messed up would suck.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 10:43:05 PM by Advicepuppy »

October 02, 2011, 10:30:08 PM
Reply #134

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
Like... asari? :P

Of course it would be better if Tali turns out to be attractive beneath that envirosuit. And she most likely will. I think Bioware will simply go with the fans' wishes here. But for worldbuilding reasons alone I really, really wouldn't want quarians to be too human-like. After all, that's the drawback when dating alien chicks - they might turn to look somewhat odd :P
The First Human Spectre

October 03, 2011, 02:00:59 AM
Reply #135

Offline Darth Crosis

• Adolescent Quarian

But for worldbuilding reasons alone I really, really wouldn't want quarians to be too human-like.

Well, their eyes glow. Or are at least reflective/refractive of light. That's a difference you can see through their visors. Hands and feet are tri-dactyl (three digits) and for that matter, quarians' legs are built differently than humans. Subtle, but noticeable.

Not unattractive, I suppose.... just different. I don't think Bioware is going to go too far with her/their faces. Tali's may be the only one we see in any case. Unless they wrote in a quarian medical miracle, they still have pretty much zero immunity.

October 03, 2011, 03:37:24 AM
Reply #136

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
She's just so damned adorable, though :P  Miranda's cool, but other than being eye candy, I felt rather indifferent.  The same goes for all of the others, really.  Tali was just so cute with her nervousness and whatnot.  I went for personality on that note, but if she's ugly or too alien looking (drell is a little bit too much for me, I think) then that would suck D:  They should give you the option at the beginning or something, but that would kinda ruin it.  I don't even know why I care so much, but having such a nice character messed up would suck.
Ugh, don't get me started on Miranda :P If not Tali, then I would say Ashley. Or maybe Jack...

And if you want nervousness and cuteness and stuff, wouldn't Liara in ME 1 fit better? ;) I dunno. I don't really like Tali being 'reduced' so to say to her nervousness in her romance scene. Because outside of that she is rather badass and snarky, and even has a rather dark outlook on life, at least in ME 2 ("I don't think life is about what we deserve").

But hey, going for personality is good. To be honest, that is a draw of the Tali romance for me, that 'love conquers anything' aspect - but well, it potentially comes with consequences ;) If you have love overcome the species barrier, then you might find your partner's body or face odd at places, heh.

Still, I don't think Tali will end up ugly. Bioware just wouldn't do so. However, drell-level exoticness is IMO very much on the cards.

Well, their eyes glow. Or are at least reflective/refractive of light. That's a difference you can see through their visors. Hands and feet are tri-dactyl (three digits) and for that matter, quarians' legs are built differently than humans. Subtle, but noticeable.
If their faces are perfectly human then IMO those differences would still not matter, and it would still be a bit silly. IMO, at least, as said. But I do hope Biowre will go for "not unattractive, but different".
The First Human Spectre

October 04, 2011, 05:11:40 AM
Reply #137

Offline sekse

• Full Quarian
On the subject of Tali's face, i realized something about quarian envirosuits they probably won't do in ME3 that will make for a total plot hole.  The shaders used to make quarian visors so mysterious signifies that the environment within the suit is a very dense, foggy atmosphere, likely dense in flourine or something to that nature.  This is why you can hardly see their faces and would make sense to why their eyes glow if their native environment has extremely low visibility.  By that, it would only make sense for Rannoch to have a dense atmosphere in which you can't see 3 inches in front of your nose.

Back on topic, as for facial features, given such an environment it would make sense for their look to be evolved similar to that of terrestrial deep sea organisms, specifically like a sort of bipedal angler fish, thus a drell-like look does make the most sense, as much as I would like to see a slightly more human look, it would be the most logical outcome.

October 04, 2011, 08:26:18 AM
Reply #138

Offline Darth Crosis

• Adolescent Quarian
Logical IF all your assumptions prove correct. I wonder, with regard to their suits, where practical function ends and aesthetic preference begins. Also, given that nearly all of them are engineers, machinists, or something of that nature, they would need visors to guard their eyes against strong light sources, energy discharges, and so on. A hypothetical photosensitivity (or even heliosensitivity, now that I think about it) could have developed following their exile from their homeworld.

Also, with resources being as scarce as they are on the Migrant Fleet, they'd have to use whatever they could find to build the helmets and replace damaged parts. In other words, "form follows function". We've seen a handful of quarians out of millions.... some may have transparent visors (yes, I know, I'm reaching a little bit now).....

October 05, 2011, 01:12:58 AM
Reply #139

Offline greyfalls

• Pilgrim
    • greyfalls
You guys are thinking too hard, Lemm'Shar in ME: Ascension says it's for personal privacy reasons why so many quarians polarize their visors. When the only "privacy" you typically have is a 10x10 room shared with five other people, that's understandable.

October 05, 2011, 03:20:20 AM
Reply #140

Offline sekse

• Full Quarian
Eh, I never read any of the books like Ascension.  Guess their eyes could be reflecting light from the visor HUD rather than glowing.  Although it does kind of defy a few things that they are polarized for privacy, concidering they complain about not being able to show their expressions, not to mention in the game they are fogged, not polarized, because polarized would have a much different look, not having the depth with decreasing visability like they have.

October 05, 2011, 06:39:46 AM
Reply #141

Offline Darth Crosis

• Adolescent Quarian
OK, yeah, that makes sense. I haven't read any of the novels yet either. In fact, I only bought the games and became an ME fan last month....  :P

October 09, 2011, 10:19:27 PM
Reply #142

Offline Advicepuppy

• Podling
Or maybe it's because if they had the mask clear, then there would be little to no mystery surrounding Tali's face.  There's not a rhyme or reason to EVERYTHING, guys.

October 10, 2011, 03:18:42 AM
Reply #143

Offline Muk

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Splinkdoodles
Except for the fact that it -is- explained in Ascension.

October 15, 2011, 02:03:22 AM
Reply #144

Offline Advicepuppy

• Podling
Orly?  I didn't read it, so I wouldn't know, lol.

January 18, 2012, 11:03:44 PM
Reply #145

Offline Quarian.N7

• Pilgrim
  • Cause Garrus Is Awesome Too!
    • 794th
    • Magyx
    • Quarian.N7
I'm keeping my idea to myself but i will say in my mind she is beautiful.
Have you ever noticed that the Signature of some people has nothing to do with them?

hmmmmm. . . .

August 12, 2013, 01:03:27 AM
Reply #146

Offline Darius F vas Quib Quib

• Podling
This thread has not seen much activity lately. fixed.  8)

I'm in a bit of a conundrum regarding Tali's face. For one I don't accept the 'official' photo of her you get in ME3, very human and very generic model. Looks like a blue Megan Fox :getout: . Secondly ME3 was when the series took a downturn. Not that it's a bad game, not at all. But there was a clear effort to gearsofwarify the game and up the sex appeal further; sadly Tali was victim of this.

That aside I can't imagine Tali with a face at all. She grew on me faceless, her personality alone is what got me fond of her and the addition of a face makes it a totally different character in my eyes.
_________________________________________________ _____ _________________________________________________ _____