Author Topic: Tali's Face. Your expectations, hopes, and dreams.  (Read 43389 times)

June 01, 2010, 08:39:13 PM
Reply #25

Offline XT Vengeance

• High Executor of the Protoss
  • Ship Captain
  • Drowning once more in a bottle of booze.
    • Vengance11
    • XT Vengeance
    • XT Vengeance's Coloring Adventures
They may have hair, I don't remember reading in either book or in either game humans were alone in it. And technically, we aren't. Batarians have a coating of fine hair on their faces according to Revelation I believe.
Yeah if we were the only ones with hair, would that have made us the only space-faring mammals?

June 01, 2010, 08:40:37 PM
Reply #26

Offline Rune

• The Watching Talimancer
  • Ship Captain
Yeah if we were the only ones with hair, would that have made us the only space-faring mammals?
Well, if we're going there, Quarians are mammalian analogues ^.^

June 01, 2010, 08:42:35 PM
Reply #27

Offline XT Vengeance

• Ship Captain
    • Vengance11
    • XT Vengeance
I will be pretty ticked if we get the reveal and Quarians turn out to be humans but a different color, because that's a huge cop-out on alien design.

Enough is visible in the silhouette that we can surmise it will be reasonably close, but I very much hope we get some defining characteristics. Realistically, I expect the defining characteristics are just going to stay the different hands/legs, with maybe no hair or something to that effect and the face is going to just be human (btw, my money's on gray for the color....early ME1 concept art of Tali had her gray). I heard one of the books mentioned something about Quarian ears looking a bit strange.
What about the fact that they are of opposite chirality, have three fingers and toes on each hand and foot, and have curved shins?

June 01, 2010, 08:43:50 PM
Reply #28

Offline XT Vengeance

• Ship Captain
    • Vengance11
    • XT Vengeance

June 01, 2010, 09:30:08 PM
Reply #29

Offline emedeka

• Migrant Fleet Marine
  • Is a Life-like chat V.I.
    • mdkcde
You don't need hair to be a mammal.

See Dophins and Whales.

Heck, you don't even to give birth to be a mammal. the platipus lays EGGS and is a mammal (yeah, platipus are totally fucked up)

I Suport Legion Prime.
Because if he's going to be a NPC, he better be the Best NPC in the history of mankind.

Jesse James Allen. a.k.a. Lower Afterlife Bitchin' Rave song composer. did this track called Zorah's Fire as a temptative ME3 theme for Tali.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBOwP2RFDhA&feature=related

June 01, 2010, 09:43:39 PM
Reply #30

Offline Muk

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
  • The Qun is pretty deep. You wouldn't understand it
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Splinkdoodles
You don't need hair to be a mammal.

See Dophins and Whales.

Heck, you don't even to give birth to be a mammal. the platypus lays EGGS and is a mammal (yeah, platypus are totally fucked up)
Platypodes aren't the only mammals that lay eggs, there's a whole class of animals like that, monotremes, echidnas are another example.

June 01, 2010, 09:49:51 PM
Reply #31

Offline FsDxRAGE

• Technologically induced rage.
  • Full Quarian
  • Golshifteh Farahani FTW.
I don't care what she looks like, I just want to see her smile :wub:

June 01, 2010, 09:55:07 PM
Reply #32

Offline FXI

• Full Quarian
The only thing we do know about her face is that it will follow the general shape of her placeholder.

And honestly, her face could (and probably will) look like a recoloured human and she'd still be more alien then the asari.
Tali might no longer be my girl, but she will always be my Shepard's girl.

June 01, 2010, 09:55:23 PM
Reply #33

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
The only thing we do know about her face is that it will follow the general shape of her placeholder.

And honestly, her face could (and probably will) look like a recoloured human and she'd still be more alien then the asari.
Indeed.

June 10, 2010, 07:16:29 AM
Reply #34

Offline Avian

• Full Quarian
    • Avian005
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/thoix
    • ThoixHeoro
I don't need to see her face.  I know she's already beautiful, based on Shepard's expression in the romance scene.   8)

June 10, 2010, 08:07:40 AM
Reply #35

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine

I disagree. They'd be about the same - quarians have slightly different body shape, and asari have different head shape. I want Quarians to be more than recolored humans...I don't want another Asari near-human race.

June 10, 2010, 11:39:21 AM
Reply #36

Offline Savakka1

• Ship Captain
  • Pro Quarian.
I disagree. They'd be about the same - quarians have slightly different body shape, and asari have different head shape. I want Quarians to be more than recolored humans...I don't want another Asari near-human race.
I agree with this opinion yet again.

June 10, 2010, 03:06:50 PM
Reply #37

Offline emedeka

• Migrant Fleet Marine
  • Is a Life-like chat V.I.
    • mdkcde

I want the one on the Left.

what?
She could look like a protoss and I still wouldn't mind.

I Suport Legion Prime.
Because if he's going to be a NPC, he better be the Best NPC in the history of mankind.

Jesse James Allen. a.k.a. Lower Afterlife Bitchin' Rave song composer. did this track called Zorah's Fire as a temptative ME3 theme for Tali.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBOwP2RFDhA&feature=related

June 10, 2010, 03:27:27 PM
Reply #38

Offline phonypapercut

• Full Quarian
Protoss skin color and facial structure would be win. She needs a mouth though...
And if the Wine you drink, the Lip you press,
End in the Nothing all Things end in Yes
Then fancy while Thou art, Thou art but what
Thou shalt be Nothing Thou shalt not be less.

June 10, 2010, 03:39:53 PM
Reply #39

Offline Lemonwizard

• Full Quarian
  • So stupid he might just be brilliant?
She already has a mouth for sure. That much is known.
In the debate of all things, Occam's Razor reigns supreme.

June 10, 2010, 07:07:02 PM
Reply #40

Offline GoatShep

• Pilgrim
Tali's face must be revealed so that she doesn't turn into a brown paper bag joke.

I will be a happy Talimancer either way, but they really need to do this.

IF:

ME3 face reveals a distinctly alien looking Tali; will those who favored a human-face be disappointed? Turned off by Tali?

ME3 face reveals a distinctly human looking Tali; will those who favored an alien-face be disappointed? Turned off by Tali?

People who claim to like Tali for her personality?

It is the ultimate Talimancer test. I already see plenty of people in the future saying "I miss the bucket". Sad.

June 10, 2010, 07:08:47 PM
Reply #41

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
I do want her to look distinctly alien. But I'll be fine with whatever they make her look like.

June 10, 2010, 07:33:00 PM
Reply #42

Offline GoatShep

• Pilgrim
You're one of the last people I'm worried about, Collider. We all have preferences, but overall every Talimancer should be completely content with whatever happens (reasonably). That's not the truth, though.

Those who don't want her face shown "to preserve the mystery" Idk what to think of. Are they scared she'll be ugly or not what they imagined? Or do they think that the helmet is part of her character? It's probably both, but Tali deserves to be revealed. Her character is nearly complete by showing her face to Shepard, but I AM SHEPARD! Show her face!

Maybe some skin, too  :sorcerer:

June 10, 2010, 07:53:00 PM
Reply #43

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
I don't really mind the people (not the haters...I don't care about their opinion) who say they prefer her face not being revealed. That's a valid opinion.

I don't really get the appeal of mystery. I mean, it's just a face.

Rather, I prefer people who say that her face shouldn't be revealed or that they prefer her face not to be revealed for a better reason. Like the romance's theme is looking past the mask, disregarding the physical and embracing her for who she is, not what she is.

I do want them to reveal her face, but I won't really care (too much) if they don't.

June 11, 2010, 12:44:48 AM
Reply #44

Offline killer rin

• Migrant Fleet Marine
  • Lives on Planet Tyril
    • killerrin
    • Killerrin
    • killerrin
    • Killer Rin
I don't need to know the Face... Only the Skin Color Then we can get some interesting Fan Art using what we know about quarians

June 11, 2010, 02:39:44 AM
Reply #45

Offline MrBoomba

• Full Quarian
  • "Everybody wants to live in a lie" The Truth hurts
You're one of the last people I'm worried about, Collider. We all have preferences, but overall every Talimancer should be completely content with whatever happens (reasonably). That's not the truth, though.

Those who don't want her face shown "to preserve the mystery" Idk what to think of. Are they scared she'll be ugly or not what they imagined? Or do they think that the helmet is part of her character? It's probably both, but Tali deserves to be revealed. Her character is nearly complete by showing her face to Shepard, but I AM SHEPARD! Show her face!

Maybe some skin, too  :sorcerer:

Right now all we can really refer to Tali is her helmet/eyes considering the brain needs a face to match the name. When you talk about somebody, what pops into your head? their voice? No, their body and face, what they look like. right now the mask is what we see Tali as, but I do agree with you it will be a test to show who Talimancers really are that go for her personality, unless it was the face they wanted and I definately see paper bag being played if she keeps her "mystery" as people call it. To not reveal her face is foolish in my mind and anybody who wants to keep it a "mystery" either does it so they can keep drawing her face as what they want or they just don't want to change their view when they refer to Tali now, the mask. I don't mean that as in they are afraid to see, just of change.
My BioWare blog

This is link to my BioWare blog has my tali/Shepard ff called Restraint and some minifics. If you haven't read Restraint you may want to. If you do, please comment, critisize as much as possible too. Am revising first few chapters

June 11, 2010, 05:38:50 PM
Reply #46

Offline Swhitelake7

• Adolescent Quarian
I agree with runescapeguy but i always pictured Tali with long flowy slightly curly not much black hair

June 11, 2010, 05:53:10 PM
Reply #47

Offline Swhitelake7

• Adolescent Quarian
this is how i see tali going down since there bodies are always covered and the way shepard looked at Tali during the romance scene I think they will make Quarians the most beautiful race in the galaxy just because they never show a Quarians body or face now based on that i think they will make her more human like or they will make her a gorgeous alien with slight human traits like hair

June 12, 2010, 01:24:31 AM
Reply #48

Offline Dr. Tran

• Administrator
  • Ship Captain
  • Zomg...
    • rdaruszka
    • darklordmyst
    • clickhereforlettuce.net
I agree with runescapeguy but i always pictured Tali with long flowy slightly curly not much black hair

I always pictured pale skin, inline with us geek types who spend all day indoors, except more so and short black hair.  Long would be a -bitch- in a permanent suit.  Infact hair at all would be a bitch, but if you had some sort of futuristic auto hair cutting thingamajig it would make a lot of sense to keep hair short, at least short enough that it didn't get in the eyes.

As for skin color, I have yet to imagine how any of the races could develop into the bright colors we see.  I mean srsly guys, hanar... pink?  really?  I see greys, pinks, browns, the usual large animal colors being pretty standard fair.
He once challenged his reflection to a staring contest... On the fourth day, he won.
Please read the Forum Rules before posting.
We have an IRC!  IRC Info
And a nice webchat!  Web IRC

:legionsnipe:

June 12, 2010, 01:32:25 AM
Reply #49

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
I always pictured pale skin, inline with us geek types who spend all day indoors, except more so and short black hair.  Long would be a -bitch- in a permanent suit.  Infact hair at all would be a bitch, but if you had some sort of futuristic auto hair cutting thingamajig it would make a lot of sense to keep hair short, at least short enough that it didn't get in the eyes.

As for skin color, I have yet to imagine how any of the races could develop into the bright colors we see.  I mean srsly guys, hanar... pink?  really?  I see greys, pinks, browns, the usual large animal colors being pretty standard fair.
On bsn thunder gave a very good argument as to why their skin would be purple. I have been switched to the side of the purple. :3