Author Topic: Tali's Face. Your expectations, hopes, and dreams.  (Read 43493 times)

June 12, 2010, 01:38:05 AM
Reply #50

Offline SkullandBonesmember

• Full Quarian
  • 'SPLOSHUNS

June 12, 2010, 01:41:45 AM
Reply #51

Offline Dr. Tran

• Administrator
  • Ship Captain
  • Zomg...
    • rdaruszka
    • darklordmyst
    • clickhereforlettuce.net
On bsn thunder gave a very good argument as to why their skin would be purple. I have been switched to the side of the purple. :3
Have link will post?

I just can't see purple, but I'd like to read the argument for it if you've got the link.
He once challenged his reflection to a staring contest... On the fourth day, he won.
Please read the Forum Rules before posting.
We have an IRC!  IRC Info
And a nice webchat!  Web IRC

:legionsnipe:

June 12, 2010, 02:32:33 AM
Reply #52

Offline Rune

• The Watching Talimancer
  • Ship Captain
Have link will post?

I just can't see purple, but I'd like to read the argument for it if you've got the link.
Bah...I don't have it. I'll ask him the next time he's on. Said it was in his blog.

June 12, 2010, 02:38:25 AM
Reply #53

Offline badrobot

• Pilgrim
Bah...I don't have it. I'll ask him the next time he's on. Said it was in his blog.

Here it is:
http://social.bioware.com/930045/blog/5807/

June 12, 2010, 02:44:39 AM
Reply #54

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain

June 12, 2010, 05:50:18 AM
Reply #55

Offline AAShep

• Pilgrim
I picture Tali having lavender skin with neck-length black hair and... I'm not sure about the eyes. I don't think they glow, though. Just reflect. And I'm kind of tired of hearing silver hair. Really, silver is the elvish version of blonde, and I don't want Tali to be a space elf. But to each his own...

My defining quality in my imagination, however, is the QUILLS. Look a geth head; you see the head-flaps there that move up and down to indicate expression. We humans make robots to resemble us; it would make sense that the quarians do as well. I can imagine several inch-across quills on her head of varying color(not rainbow, just any color really). They move up and down and show expression, just like Legion does. This is in addition to hair.

I think the quills thing is kind of cool, but whatever. Maybe they look like feathers or something. Idk.

June 12, 2010, 06:40:47 AM
Reply #56

• Full Quarian
  • 'SPLOSHUNS
Somebody left a comment on a YouTube video of the Tali romance scene saying how a quarian could be shown with a helmet so we know what they look like, but not show Tali's face so we can leave what she looks like up to our imaginations. Do you think that could work or would you be pissed?

June 12, 2010, 06:46:06 AM
Reply #57

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
Somebody left a comment on a YouTube video of the Tali romance scene saying how a quarian could be shown with a helmet so we know what they look like, but not show Tali's face so we can leave what she looks like up to our imaginations. Do you think that could work or would you be pissed?
Uberpissed. IfWhen they show a quarian they had damn better well show the one that matters

June 12, 2010, 06:54:28 AM
Reply #58

• Full Quarian
  • 'SPLOSHUNS
Uberpissed. IfWhen they show a quarian they had damn better well show the one that matters

I see where yo're coming from, but thing is, I don't think everybody would walk away happy judging by some posts here. The suggestion that person made seems the most logical.

June 12, 2010, 06:55:57 AM
Reply #59

Offline Avian

• Full Quarian
    • Avian005
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/thoix
    • ThoixHeoro
That would be good, but I think we should see what Quarians look like, especially if the only one is Tali.

June 12, 2010, 07:05:28 AM
Reply #60

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
I see where yo're coming from, but thing is, I don't think everybody would walk away happy judging by some posts here. The suggestion that person made seems the most logical.
Tali is the main quarian in the game. It makes sense that we would see her face. It would complete our picture of the quarian people.
aerkjgarelkhjkarghajkrgh I'm just going to let this one go. My opinion won't change. I'm not worried about it though.

June 12, 2010, 02:10:52 PM
Reply #61

Offline Swhitelake7

• Adolescent Quarian
well if you look at Talis hood it flares out so that made me assume that her hair would be long and flowy

June 12, 2010, 03:07:55 PM
Reply #62

Offline FXI

• Full Quarian
well if you look at Talis hood it flares out so that made me assume that her hair would be long and flowy

And if you look at Tali's ME1 hood it doesn't flare out.

She might want long hair, but I doubt she has it for both practical reasons, and the fact that MEs engine doesn't like long hair.
Tali might no longer be my girl, but she will always be my Shepard's girl.

June 12, 2010, 04:25:54 PM
Reply #63

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
Her hood was likely just a cosmetic change.

August 10, 2010, 08:07:06 PM
Reply #64

Offline Skadhi

• Podling
A beam of light shines down from the heavens. The hissing finally stops and the mask is parted. Behind the veil shines through a pale purple beauty with short hair of black and eyes reflective. A well defined nose is then revealed and finally average lips in a smile.

Outstanding!  I like your idea.

August 10, 2010, 11:58:34 PM
Reply #65

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
  • Wrex: the angry space toad from the future
    • Tobbs96
The Illusive Man has spoken
Svensk vägg.

Bloodline part I

Xbox live GT: Raed Qw33zy (because why the fuck not?)

"If the shit hits the fan, then at least we've got the front row." - Me when someone - possibly me - is going to do something stupid.

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

August 11, 2010, 09:39:45 PM
Reply #66

Offline JDog2pt0

• Pilgrim
  • AIM, Yahoo, Skype, Youtube, Steam, PSN = JDog2pt0
    • JDog2pt0
Tali has to be cute, especially with that voice of hers. None of the pictures I've seen completely capture that cuteness. Also, I don't find mandibles all that attractive, and I don't see her as having hair either.

If you add me to any of the listed under my avatar, please let me know who you are.

August 12, 2010, 06:19:01 PM
Reply #67

Offline MadCat221

• Pilgrim
  • Jesus Christ it's a MadCat, GET IN THE CAR!
Not exactly a Tali face rendition, but a rendition of Kal'Reegar that I found on dA.  It's still quarian...

http://meken.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2jl75y

March 17, 2011, 04:46:42 AM
Reply #68

Offline Skye_Flyer

• Full Quarian

Apparently, Tali has no lower jaw. OMK she's Darth Malak!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 04:48:58 AM by Skye_Flyer »

March 17, 2011, 10:32:22 AM
Reply #69

Offline Para-Cord

• Full Quarian
  • Who doesn't love Mass Effect?
    • Fanfiction

I agree with this! Also, I do believe she would be cute because after Shepard falls in love with her for who she is and she has such a wonderful personality, she is bound to be beautiful.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 11:09:42 PM by Para-Cord »

March 17, 2011, 02:05:52 PM
Reply #70

Offline sweffymo

• Full Quarian
  • Friendly neighborhood spider
    • sweffymo
    • sweffymo
I don't care what Tali's face looks like, really...  The placeholder face that they have in there isn't very detailed, but if she looks roughly like that I will not be mad.  Even if she looked like a headcrab zombie I wouldn't be mad, but I WOULD be impressed that she was able to fit that inside a helmet.

March 17, 2011, 02:18:43 PM
Reply #71

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
  • Wrex: the angry space toad from the future
    • Tobbs96
I don't care what Tali's face looks like, really...  The placeholder face that they have in there isn't very detailed, but if she looks roughly like that I will not be mad.  Even if she looked like a headcrab zombie I wouldn't be mad, but I WOULD be impressed that she was able to fit that inside a helmet.

:D
Svensk vägg.

Bloodline part I

Xbox live GT: Raed Qw33zy (because why the fuck not?)

"If the shit hits the fan, then at least we've got the front row." - Me when someone - possibly me - is going to do something stupid.

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

March 18, 2011, 03:56:40 PM
Reply #72

Offline sweffymo

• Full Quarian
  • Friendly neighborhood spider
    • sweffymo
    • sweffymo
You don't need hair to be a mammal.

See Dophins and Whales.

Heck, you don't even to give birth to be a mammal. the platipus lays EGGS and is a mammal (yeah, platipus are totally fucked up)

OK, I just noticed this.  Dolphins and whales DO have hair.  All mammals have hair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammal

March 18, 2011, 07:50:48 PM
Reply #73

Offline chalio

• Adolescent Quarian
    • boka85
OK, I just noticed this.  Dolphins and whales DO have hair.  All mammals have hair.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammal

how about this, it would be preferable for tali to have nice hair...not dolphin or whale hair lol

March 19, 2011, 01:32:22 AM
Reply #74

Offline Para-Cord

• Full Quarian
  • Who doesn't love Mass Effect?
    • Fanfiction
how about this, it would be preferable for tali to have nice hair...not dolphin or whale hair lol

Agreed chalio! It would be nice for Tali to have long flowing hair. Might be unrealistic, but a nice gesture!