Author Topic: When did you realise Tali was the one for you?  (Read 33276 times)

August 31, 2010, 08:10:22 PM

Offline HandCannon

• Pilgrim
  • Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
I remember playing ME1 for the first time and meeting her.  I have to admit that I was not taken by her at first.  For me it was more of the way I got to know her.  The first thing I noticed that I liked about her was her accent.  I loved the way she pronounces Sarens name.

Next thing I knew I was spending a lot of time just talking to her and listening to her voice.

I think it was after I had given her the geth data that I realised that she was the one for me.  Luckily I never liked Ashley and Liara was uninteresting.  Then I find out you can't persue a relationship withTali which only made her more appealing I guess.

What about you?
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh.  You touch my mind fumbling in ignorance incapable of understanding.

August 31, 2010, 08:14:47 PM
Reply #1

Offline NuclearBuddha

• Conclave Representative
    • Nuclear Buddha
I was browsing 4chan prior to the ME2 release.  I had literally not thought about ME1 since I'd finished it.  Someone uploaded an extremely lo-res gif of the romance scene with Tali.  I thought:  well, there's a day one buy.

August 31, 2010, 08:19:39 PM
Reply #2

Offline Rune

• The Watching Talimancer
  • Ship Captain
From the very first moment she threw the grenade.
I like her attitude towards things.

August 31, 2010, 09:44:01 PM
Reply #3

Offline General Douchington

• Mad Hatter
  • Full Quarian
  • Love hurts.
    • maderek
    • generaldouchington
The moment I saw dat ass.
Engineer’s Journal October 27th, 1969

Scout carcass in alley this morning, shovel marks on burst stomach. This map is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of crits and when the drains finally scab over, all the noobs will drown. The accumulated filth of all their Backburners and Force-A-Natures will foam up about their waists and all the Heavies and Medics will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll aim down and whisper: "Nope."

September 01, 2010, 06:24:06 AM
Reply #4

Offline Sergio

• Full Quarian
It was basically the first time I played ME1 and saw her in that alley, lookin' all hot with dem curves. As soon as she spoke, that just confirmed things.

Unfortunately, romance wasn't possible back then, despite how many times I talked to her. :P

Adamo, Tali + Shepard FF. Currently on Chapter 30. It seems to be pretty well liked, so, uh, check it out!

September 01, 2010, 06:28:14 AM
Reply #5

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
  • Wrex: the angry space toad from the future
    • Tobbs96
Basically the first time I saw her, my eyes blew up. dem curves...dem hips...dat ass and dat voice
*esplodes*
Svensk vägg.

Bloodline part I

Xbox live GT: Raed Qw33zy (because why the fuck not?)

"If the shit hits the fan, then at least we've got the front row." - Me when someone - possibly me - is going to do something stupid.

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

September 01, 2010, 06:40:28 AM
Reply #6

Offline SenHai

• !random
  • Ship Captain
  • The Site. Its Dead Jim.
    • http://senhai.deviantart.com/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SenHai?feature=mhum
I can't say I was immediately taken with her, but I did start to like her much more than the other characters. I fell in love with ME1 and ME2 turned that in to down right addiction....it was so hard to go a day without seeing something Tali Related and she was the only thing I talked about for a while....then I discovered you guys and got my soul eating addiction under control......

errrm......heh? :-\
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 06:44:09 AM by SenHai »

September 01, 2010, 06:41:17 AM
Reply #7

Offline Rune

• The Watching Talimancer
  • Ship Captain
I can't say I was immediately taken with her, but I did start to like her much more than the other characters. I fell in love with ME1 and ME2 turned that in to down right addiction....it was so hard to go a day without seeing something Tali Related and she was the only thing I talked about for a while....then I discovered you guys and got my sould eating addiction under control......

hurray...?

September 01, 2010, 11:45:27 AM
Reply #8

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
    • Tobbs96
I can't say I was immediately taken with her, but I did start to like her much more than the other characters. I fell in love with ME1 and ME2 turned that in to down right addiction....it was so hard to go a day without seeing something Tali Related and she was the only thing I talked about for a while....then I discovered you guys and got my soul eating addiction under control......

yay?
Svensk vägg.

Bloodline part I

"If the shit hits the fan, then at least we've got the front row." - Me when someone - possibly me - is going to do something stupid.

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

September 01, 2010, 11:52:51 AM
Reply #9

Offline SirEmilCrane

• Sword Arm of TZF
  • Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • SCIENCE!
    • EmilCrane
She slowly grew on me throughout ME1. At first I remember my firend who introduced me saying, "Oh this chick, she's pretty cool." At first I thinough she was some human in a suit, then I saw her hands and legs...

Come the end of ME1 I wanted a romance with her bad, no dice. In the down time between games I forgot about her and when I got ME2 I just wanted to finish it as quickly as possible, until I heard she was romanceable. Old feelings flooded back with intensity and now here I stand for all to see.

September 01, 2010, 12:23:32 PM
Reply #10

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
    • Tobbs96
She slowly grew on me throughout ME1. At first I remember my firend who introduced me saying, "Oh this chick, she's pretty cool." At first I thinough she was some human in a suit, then I saw her hands and legs...

Come the end of ME1 I wanted a romance with her bad, no dice. In the down time between games I forgot about her and when I got ME2 I just wanted to finish it as quickly as possible, until I heard she was romanceable. Old feelings flooded back with intensity and now here I stand for all to see.

...dramatic... ;)
Svensk vägg.

Bloodline part I

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

September 01, 2010, 01:52:25 PM
Reply #11

Offline Savakka1

• Ship Captain
  • Pro Quarian.
In ME1, she was my favourite character along with Garrus and Wrex (Pretty much as equal). I hoped I could have romanced her, as Ash and Liara didn't really intrest me in anyway.

But it was Freedoms Progress where it really happened. When I just saw her the first time and I heard those lines: "Prazza, you said you'd let me handle this." "Shepard?" "You're alive?"
THAT was the moment I was completely lost for anything else. THAT was the moment I turned into a 100% Talimancer. THAT was the moment I could just think: "Wow! *Can't think for a half a minute* "She looks and sounds great!"

And I'm still the same fanatic today :D
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 03:24:08 PM by Savakka1 »

September 01, 2010, 02:50:56 PM
Reply #12

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
    • Tobbs96
In ME1, she was my favourite character along with Garrus and Wrex (Pretty much as equal). I hoped I could have romanced her, as Ash and Liara didn't really intrest me in anyway.

But it was Freedoms Progress where it really happened. When I just saw her the first time and I heard those lines: "Prazza, you said you'd let me handle this." "Shepard?" "You're alive?"
THAT was the moment I was completely lost for anything else. THAT was the moment I turned into a 100% Talimancer. THAT was the moment I could just think: "Wow! *Can't think for a half a minute* "She looks and sounds great!"

And I'm still the same fanatic today :D

*Opens a bottle of champagne to celebrate Savakka's fanaticism and knocks Dr.Tran unconscious with the cork that flies off like a bullet*
Svensk vägg.

Bloodline part I

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

September 01, 2010, 03:31:12 PM
Reply #13

Offline Laytz94

• One Post Wonder
Unfortunately I ended up playing ME2 first. I remember being on Freedom's Progress having no idea what was going on. Then all of a sudden, my Shepard walked into the room with her and I just ended up staring at the Quarians thinking, "These guys are freakin badass!" Then I listened to Tali talk more and I kind of got more attached. She was one of the most compelling female characters I'd ever seen in a video game. She looked and sounded amazing. It was then that I was really starting to hope she would be on my team. It wasn't until after Horizon and I saw that little blip on the galaxy map that said "Recruit Tali" that I thought, I have to romance her!

September 01, 2010, 07:08:54 PM
Reply #14

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
    • Tobbs96
Unfortunately I ended up playing ME2 first. I remember being on Freedom's Progress having no idea what was going on. Then all of a sudden, my Shepard walked into the room with her and I just ended up staring at the Quarians thinking, "These guys are freakin badass!" Then I listened to Tali talk more and I kind of got more attached. She was one of the most compelling female characters I'd ever seen in a video game. She looked and sounded amazing. It was then that I was really starting to hope she would be on my team. It wasn't until after Horizon and I saw that little blip on the galaxy map that said "Recruit Tali" that I thought, I have to romance her!

Well then we're two
Svensk vägg.

Bloodline part I

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

September 02, 2010, 01:06:55 AM
Reply #15

Offline Dio|is|Satan

• Adolescent Quarian
  • The only god I need is the Ace of Spades.
Yes, in the alley, she looked so damn sexy I couldn't resist.  I spent all of Mass Effect 1 thinking, "Man, I would hit that so hard.."

Then in Mass Effect 2, talking to Kelly, she told me about Tali's interest and I was like awwwwww yeah.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 01:12:26 AM by Dio|is|Satan »

September 02, 2010, 01:23:11 AM
Reply #16

Offline cannedcream

• Conclave Representative
  • Not afraid anymore.
I liked her during my first ME1 playthough, but it wasn't until I finished it, and came back to play again a few months later that I really found myself interested in her. The second time around I found Ash and Liara to be pretty boring, yet I was still listening to every last one of Tali's dialogs. That's when I started looking for whatever secret way there must be to romance her, because there's no way BioWare would make a character that awesome and not let me love her.

*sigh*

Thank you, Mass Effect 2. It is God's work you do.
Quote from: far ahead...
When the higher hills have turned blue
And the waves are lapping where the children grew
All that we have know will be an echo
Of days when love was true
Muted voices just beyond
The silent surface of what has gone

September 02, 2010, 02:18:35 AM
Reply #17

Offline Harold_Genhi

• Quarian Genius
  • Ship Captain
  • Rave your heart out.
I enjoy secrets so i never researched anything about the new romance options. I've loved Tali more and more. Every word was just another layer of glue. Her voice and personality were first to raise my eyebrows. Then her movements came in, slowly I began to love her body, the designs of her suit her hands and her legs. I fell in love with the recurved legs they were so fascinating. I was disappointed that I couldn't pursue anything with her.

ME2 comes around. Again, i like secrets so i do no research into the LI's, I didn't even know that you could recruit Tali and Garrus back. When i first saw her on freedom's progress, I'll say that my heart did stop and my mouth opened slightly. The "No Way" factor came into play which became a "Please Recruit Her". Finally when I saw the mission to recruit Tali, I dropped every mission i was doing and immediately recruited her. Stayed in my team ever since. I visited engineering after every mission, I visited everyone after every mission. And this is the part that I remember the most.

"The most intimate thing we can do is link our suit environments and even then we will get a little sick. It's the biggest sign of trust among our people. I haven't trusted anyone enough to... well not quarian..."

I think I stood looking at the top option for five minutes, i was in shock and slowly breaking into a large smile. After my pause, I clicked it immediatly, and smiled more as she freaked out with her arms flying around nervously. I was speechless. It was amazing, everything. I stopped talking to the rest of the crew and only went down to engineering. Everyday i went to talk to her, it made my day. It was always simply amazing.

Then right before the collector mission, the final romance scene. I couldn't stop smiling and I couldn't stop staring at the screen. Liz actually managed to make her sound nervous and desperately in love with him. The strains and cues in her voice were spot on to the situation. When Shepard took the mask off and the screen faded after the pounce. I was so mad. I played the suicide mission the next day. I couldn't do anything more after being led on by that scene. :D

September 02, 2010, 04:41:26 AM
Reply #18

Offline emedeka

• Migrant Fleet Marine
  • Is a Life-like chat V.I.
    • mdkcde
Right about here.
Mass Effect - Tali in Chora's Den
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:44:51 AM by emedeka »

I Suport Legion Prime.
Because if he's going to be a NPC, he better be the Best NPC in the history of mankind.

Jesse James Allen. a.k.a. Lower Afterlife Bitchin' Rave song composer. did this track called Zorah's Fire as a temptative ME3 theme for Tali.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBOwP2RFDhA&feature=related

September 02, 2010, 04:48:09 AM
Reply #19

Offline Spa Ce vas Buscuit

• Knower of Names
  • Full Quarian
  • *** no signal ***
Weirdly enough, I just asked my girlfriend if she'd wear an enviro-suit if I asked, and she was totally ok with it....As long as I dressed up as Garrus...hmmmm

September 02, 2010, 04:50:44 AM
Reply #20

Offline SenHai

• !random
  • Ship Captain
Weirdly enough, I just asked my girlfriend if she'd wear an enviro-suit if I asked, and she was totally ok with it....As long as I dressed up as Garrus...hmmmm
No. Dress as shepard. Or you are disgrace.

September 02, 2010, 04:52:48 AM
Reply #21

Offline Spa Ce vas Buscuit

• Knower of Names
  • Full Quarian
  • *** no signal ***
I know, but....what the lady wants... :turned:

September 02, 2010, 05:13:29 AM
Reply #22

Offline Jalisurr

• Adolescent Quarian
I first new when I was playing through ME1 and I came to the point after you first get off the citadel. The first thing I did was get Liara, and with the full crew I started thinking about which one I wanted to romance. I set my heart on Tali, at first just because she was 'the coolest alien' but later because of her voice, her personality, etc. Imagine my surprise when I found out that there was no romance for her! I had given up on her and played through ME1 many more times when ME2 came out. The very first thing I did was to look up wether she was a LI or not. When she was, that was my entire goal of playing through the game the first time.
Paladin of Tali! Fear my divine power!

September 02, 2010, 05:15:50 AM
Reply #23

Offline SenHai

• !random
  • Ship Captain
I know, but....what the lady wants... :turned:
Its like...Incest though. Garrus is her big bro....and your going to act out the detestable act! :(

September 02, 2010, 06:52:55 AM
Reply #24

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
    • Tobbs96

*Jaw drops, head explodes*
Svensk vägg.

Bloodline part I

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!