Author Topic: When did you realise Tali was the one for you?  (Read 33243 times)

April 25, 2012, 09:13:40 PM
Reply #125

Offline Seddo4494

• Full Quarian
    • seddo4494
    • Seddon4494?feature=mhee
When I first played through ME1 and ME2 I pretty much ignored Tali, it wasn't until I decided to play as an engineer Shepard that I though I would romance Tali. At first I did it just because I thought it would fit with that one Shepard but I quickly fell in love and I so regretted romancing Ashley in ME1 then even worse Miranda in ME2 on my first play-through :/ Ever since I started on the path of romancing Tali I've been unable to bring myself to romance anyone else as other Shepards, she just seemed so lovely and perfect. Maybe I don't regret Ashley and Miranda so much because they eventually led me to where I belong: with Tali.  :wub:  :talilove:
Time not spent with Tali is time wasted. ^-^

April 25, 2012, 09:34:03 PM
Reply #126

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
romancing Ashley
Eh, that's okay.

Miranda in ME2
Now, that's unforgivable  :P
(Alternatively: Miranda is a LI? Don't be absurd! :P )
The First Human Spectre

My fanfiction. ME 1 with Shepard/Tali Romance. Currently over 300,000 words.

April 26, 2012, 12:01:27 AM
Reply #127

Offline Noble_6

• Pilgrim
When I first played through ME1 and ME2 I pretty much ignored Tali, it wasn't until I decided to play as an engineer Shepard that I though I would romance Tali. At first I did it just because I thought it would fit with that one Shepard but I quickly fell in love and I so regretted romancing Ashley in ME1 then even worse Miranda in ME2 on my first play-through :/ Ever since I started on the path of romancing Tali I've been unable to bring myself to romance anyone else as other Shepards, she just seemed so lovely and perfect. Maybe I don't regret Ashley and Miranda so much because they eventually led me to where I belong: with Tali.  :wub:  :talilove:
This is akward. Your Shep did the exact same thing as my Shep.  You and I live in parrallel universes. This is knowledge we should not posses!  It could rip the space time thingy apart!
Garrus: Do you ever miss those talks we had on the elevators?

Tali: No.

Garrus: Come on. Remember how we’d always ask you about live on the Flotilla? It was an opportunity to share.

Tali: This conversation is over.

Garrus: Tell me again about your immune system.

Tali: I have a shotgun.

Garrus: Mmm, maybe we’ll talk later…

April 26, 2012, 12:30:09 AM
Reply #128

Offline Garrus

• Migrant Fleet Marine
  • Cause Garrus Is Awesome Too!
    • TZFGarrus
    • Magyx
    • Vaccumdiagrams
This is akward. Your Shep did the exact same thing as my Shep.  You and I live in parrallel universes. This is knowledge we should not posses!  It could rip the space time thingy apart!

So wait, THIS rips the universe apart, but not the Ending? WTF?
Garrus has left the building.

April 26, 2012, 03:21:52 AM
Reply #129

Offline Noble_6

• Pilgrim
So wait, THIS rips the universe apart, but not the Ending? WTF?
You bet your Klondike bars it rips it apart!  Now I just gotta decide if I want red, blue or green...... :headdesk:
Garrus: Do you ever miss those talks we had on the elevators?

Tali: No.

Garrus: Come on. Remember how we’d always ask you about live on the Flotilla? It was an opportunity to share.

Tali: This conversation is over.

Garrus: Tell me again about your immune system.

Tali: I have a shotgun.

Garrus: Mmm, maybe we’ll talk later…

April 26, 2012, 03:43:46 PM
Reply #130

Offline UserThree

• Pilgrim
Honestly, I thought her character was cool in ME1 but ME2 was when I knew. In ME1 Tali was like that freshman girl in high school that was cute but (sadly unromanceable)[snip]. ME2 was like junior year, you just came back from summer break to find that this cute gawky little chick has new confidence about her and (is even more adorably awkward). You end up being the only one there for her during a traumatic experience she is having so you two get even closer friendship-wise then, on top of that, you come to find out she has had a huge crush on you since she met you. Oh yeah and she is super smart and super nice.

A few edits, and it fits fairly well. =P Like I said in my intro thread, I somehow had the idea that she was an assassin that was also a jerk. I saved her from the Shadow Broker and thought it was confirmed...till she said "The pilgrimage is all about helping others - what does it say about me if I don't help with this?" (or something along those lines) and I became intrigued. Clearly, my preconceived notions were wrong, but how wrong?

So I talked to her at every opportunity. She never left my squad. Turns out she was the opposite of what I'd (somehow) expected: caring, selfless, and occasionally vulnerable - but also strong and quite able to stand on her own. I also have a thing for nerdy girls, so her being an engineer was cool. I wound up dropping my original plan (going after Liara) in favor of spending more time with Tali and going for her in 2. Then her recruitment mission, both the "I wish Shepard were here," and Kal's "Your old captain's as good as you said." What really did it, though, was Kelly's comment and how utterly adorable Tali is when she inadvertently reveals her feelings. :) Kasumi's comments on the subject were icing on the cake.
"I don't need luck; I've got ammo." -Grunt

April 26, 2012, 04:34:50 PM
Reply #131

Offline Seddo4494

• Full Quarian
    • seddo4494
    • Seddon4494?feature=mhee
This is akward. Your Shep did the exact same thing as my Shep.  You and I live in parrallel universes.
:o I wonder what else we have in common?
I somehow had the idea that she was an assassin
The first time I saw Tali, I thought she was a robot. It took me a while to shake that idea.
Now, that's unforgivable  :P
The first time I play through a video game like ME I always make mistakes, romancing Miranda is a prime example of one such mistake.
Time not spent with Tali is time wasted. ^-^

May 06, 2012, 08:54:01 PM
Reply #132

Offline ajsyav

• Adolescent Quarian
    • ajsyav
    • HoratioCrunch
I was watching a few episodes of a Mass Effect 2 playthrough by FlamingGnats on youtube to decide whether or not to buy it. I saw Tali for the first time in the game on Freedom's Progress and I was blown away by her. Tali's appearance and voice seemed very different from her ME1 character. She appeared so much better. I realized that Tali was a great woman. I bought the game and after I experienced more of Tali, I knew I was going to romance her forever.

August 21, 2012, 11:10:49 PM
Reply #133

Offline CIAHopeful

• Podling
  • Geth-Secondbest species in ME. The Best-Quarians!
    • SuperVenomGamer
When I saw her for the very first time on Freedom's progress. Her voice, personality encapsulated me and since then on EVERY playthrough I've ignored all others and due to my autism/OCD, I am a permanent Talimancer
My Squad throughout ME: Legion & Tali
My Shep's Romance: ALWAYS Tali'Zorah vas Normandy

August 22, 2012, 02:23:05 PM
Reply #134

Offline taklaaja

• Adolescent Quarian
When I saw her for the very first time on Freedom's progress. Her voice, personality encapsulated me and since then on EVERY playthrough I've ignored all others and due to my autism/OCD, I am a permanent Talimancer

We say welcome to the forums, CIAHopeful! Have you played Mass Effect 1 too?
"You are welcome to return to Rannoch, Admiral Raan. With us."

August 24, 2012, 11:53:35 PM
Reply #135

Offline CIAHopeful

• Podling
  • Geth-Secondbest species in ME. The Best-Quarians!
    • SuperVenomGamer
No, unfortunatly as I own a PS3. However Tali is my laptop Screensaver
My Squad throughout ME: Legion & Tali
My Shep's Romance: ALWAYS Tali'Zorah vas Normandy

October 18, 2012, 07:33:13 AM
Reply #136

Offline Azakar

• One Post Wonder
ME1.  I didn't even realize the extent of the "romance" options when I played ME 1.  I was really intrigued by all my squadmates stories, so I visited them after every mission, but Tali...  Somehow she started being the first one I visited all the time, and I'd get frustrated if there were no new dialogue options.  Then Ash and I started flirting and whatnot, and I figured she was the only romance option because she was the only human, and so I romanced her.  (BIG MISTAKE). But over the course of that game I became SO attached to Tali that the next play through, I took her with me on EVERY mission, talked to her all the time, and hoped against hope that the game would somehow notice my overt interest in Tali and allow something unique to happen.  (no dice) refused to romance anyone, becuz i was so focused on Tali.  Then, when I heard that she was romanceable in ME2, I had a new goal in life.  I played ME 2 multiple times, thinking I'd explore other romance options along the way.  LITERALLY could not do it...  I felt like I was cheating on Tali if i was flirty with someone else, and I simply could not stomach rejecting her...  So I played it through 3 times romancing Tali every time...  My Goal in ME3 was to win the war for Tali.  Oddly, I cared more about us being together than really anything else.  Reapers needed to be beat cuz they were a threat to our life together.  Indoctrination theory ftw!  I got up outta that nightmare of an ending, defeated the reapers, built a quiet little house on her ,  and had little quarian/human babies with Tali=]

October 18, 2012, 02:05:45 PM
Reply #137

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
  • Don't stop me now, cause I'm having a good time
    • obsoletebossk
ME1.  I didn't even realize the extent of the "romance" options when I played ME 1.  I was really intrigued by all my squadmates stories, so I visited them after every mission, but Tali...  Somehow she started being the first one I visited all the time, and I'd get frustrated if there were no new dialogue options.  Then Ash and I started flirting and whatnot, and I figured she was the only romance option because she was the only human, and so I romanced her.  (BIG MISTAKE). But over the course of that game I became SO attached to Tali that the next play through, I took her with me on EVERY mission, talked to her all the time, and hoped against hope that the game would somehow notice my overt interest in Tali and allow something unique to happen.  (no dice) refused to romance anyone, becuz i was so focused on Tali.  Then, when I heard that she was romanceable in ME2, I had a new goal in life.  I played ME 2 multiple times, thinking I'd explore other romance options along the way.  LITERALLY could not do it...  I felt like I was cheating on Tali if i was flirty with someone else, and I simply could not stomach rejecting her...  So I played it through 3 times romancing Tali every time...  My Goal in ME3 was to win the war for Tali.  Oddly, I cared more about us being together than really anything else.  Reapers needed to be beat cuz they were a threat to our life together.  Indoctrination theory ftw!  I got up outta that nightmare of an ending, defeated the reapers, built a quiet little house on her ,  and had little quarian/human babies with Tali=]

Hey, welcome to the forums!  You can also survive without Indoctrination Theory, you know. High EMS destroy ending.  :)  Works good enough for me.  Anyhow, on topic, I realized as soon as she threw a grenade into an assassins face when you met her in ME1.

October 19, 2012, 09:48:05 PM
Reply #138

Offline Formis_Sage

• Ship Captain
  • Hoodies rule!
    • Formis
    • ransomark
... I played ME 2 multiple times, thinking I'd explore other romance options along the way.  LITERALLY could not do it...  I felt like I was cheating on Tali if i was flirty with someone else, and I simply could not stomach rejecting her...  So I played it through 3 times romancing Tali every time...  My Goal in ME3 was to win the war for Tali.  Oddly, I cared more about us being together than really anything else.  Reapers needed to be beat cuz they were a threat to our life together.  Indoctrination theory ftw!  I got up outta that nightmare of an ending, defeated the reapers, built a quiet little house on her ,  and had little quarian/human babies with Tali=]
I know what you mean about ME2, I felt almost the same way, ended up romancing Tali no matter what, wasn't even able to play as FemShep because of that.
As for ME3... I'd say I share most of that standpoint, except the quarian/human babies, that shouldn't be even biologically possible unless you mean adopted little babies. Truth be told, when space-magic is possible, this probably too. ;D
Fluttershy is always adorable, no exception. :3

October 19, 2012, 10:20:51 PM
Reply #139

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
In fact, due to the generape, it should be 'possible' in Synthesis. -_-;

For a given value of "possible", of course, given how space magical Synthesis is.

Really, I can't even begin to describe how much I'm opposed to the idea of hybrid babies. This isn't Star Trek. A human/horse hybrid would make more sense than a human/alien hybrid; at least it's the same evolution. That is, even a, say, human/salarian hybrid is 100% impossible, you don't even need to figure in amino chirality! If you do, well, I guess, a human/quarian hybrid is then 110% impossible. The very idea is ludicrous. I mean, hey, that's the drawback to interspecies romance, heh.
The First Human Spectre

October 20, 2012, 01:04:45 AM
Reply #140

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
    • obsoletebossk
In fact, due to the generape, it should be 'possible' in Synthesis. -_-;

For a given value of "possible", of course, given how space magical Synthesis is.

Really, I can't even begin to describe how much I'm opposed to the idea of hybrid babies. This isn't Star Trek. A human/horse hybrid would make more sense than a human/alien hybrid; at least it's the same evolution. That is, even a, say, human/salarian hybrid is 100% impossible, you don't even need to figure in amino chirality! If you do, well, I guess, a human/quarian hybrid is then 110% impossible. The very idea is ludicrous. I mean, hey, that's the drawback to interspecies romance, heh.

Uhm.....Tali would probably die if Shepard's....you know.  Got in? Anyhow, they could just adopt children.  And synthesis is just wrong on so many levels its not even funny.

October 20, 2012, 01:41:11 AM
Reply #141

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
Uhm.....Tali would probably die if Shepard's....you know.  Got in? Anyhow, they could just adopt children.  And synthesis is just wrong on so many levels its not even funny.

You mean, ah, foreign biomaterial? Heh, well, I guess that would depend on how used her body had gotten to that biomaterial already... ehem. But that isn't even the point. I mean it's 2183-2186 and people have FTL, surely there are also more methods for procreation than just the traditional/natural one, so the, err, "mechanics" are not of concern. Just the underlying biology and genetics and stuff.

And as I've said, in that a human/horse hybrid would be more feasible than any human/alien hybrid, much less a human/quarian hybrid. Hell, a human/fungus hybrid would still make more sense...

So yes. They can adopt children. Should be enough war orphans around after the defeat of the Reapers :-\
The First Human Spectre

October 20, 2012, 03:45:42 AM
Reply #142

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
    • obsoletebossk
You mean, ah, foreign biomaterial? Heh, well, I guess that would depend on how used her body had gotten to that biomaterial already... ehem. But that isn't even the point. I mean it's 2183-2186 and people have FTL, surely there are also more methods for procreation than just the traditional/natural one, so the, err, "mechanics" are not of concern. Just the underlying biology and genetics and stuff.

And as I've said, in that a human/horse hybrid would be more feasible than any human/alien hybrid, much less a human/quarian hybrid. Hell, a human/fungus hybrid would still make more sense...

So yes. They can adopt children. Should be enough war orphans around after the defeat of the Reapers :-\

Yea, you're right. Beyond that whole......thing, it just wouldn't work genetically.  So adoption it is!