Author Topic: When did you realise Tali was the one for you?  (Read 33275 times)

September 04, 2010, 05:45:54 AM
Reply #50

Offline SenHai

• !random
  • Ship Captain
  • The Site. Its Dead Jim.
    • http://senhai.deviantart.com/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SenHai?feature=mhum
Even if she's 70. Humans live usually up to 150 until they die of old age.
Yeah they didn't sya that they looked 25% younger than they are at all times. Just that medicine has allowed for longer life span by not falling to diseases old age usually brings.

September 04, 2010, 06:45:05 AM
Reply #51

Offline NCLanceman

• Minific Master
  • Pilgrim
Topic....

Right. I didn't really mean it to get this far off topic. That's kinda why I said "Minor Aside".

In the interests of putting this thread right again...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kodiak Drop Shuttle

*Shepard, Garrus, and Kasumi are on their way from a ground mission, waiting for the Normandy to reacquire them on it's next orbit. As the three more or less stare off into space, Kasumi catches Shepard's eye and pipes up.*

Kasumi: *playfully* So Shep... heard you and Tali got together.
Shepard: *leans back, raises eyebrow* Really now? Where'd you hear that?
Kasumi: Tali. She was so excited she couldn't keep quiet.
Garrus: *offhand* Not to mention she's a virgin who got laid. She's spent the last week walking on air. *sigh* Honestly, I'm surprised it didn't happen sooner.
Kasumi: Yeah, you and the rest of the ship, Garrus.
Shepard: *surprised* Wait, the rest of the ship? I thought the pool was between me and Miranda...
Garrus: *laughs* Yeah, because I didn't say a word until Tali came aboard.
Kasumi: Everyone knows the way you two act around each other, it was really only a matter of time...
Shepard: *Momentarily dumbfounded, Shepard can't even find words to address Kasumi, so he defaults to Garrus* And what the hell does that mean?

*Kasumi starts laughing, Garrus can barely hold it in.*

Kasumi: He doesn't see it.
Garrus: It's adorable is what it is.
Shepard: *hard and flat* Waiting for an answer here.
Garrus: Look, Shepard, you two have been the Normandy's pool for 'most likely couple' for two Normandy's. It was so obvious, really. The way you'd stand there and listen to every word she'd say-
Kasumi: The way she'd drop whatever she's doing to listen to you...
Garrus: All that cute back and forth between you two...
Kasumi: *mock Tali voice* "That's pretty extreme, Shepard..."
Garrus: *mock Tali voice* "This armor's in good condition, right?"

*Shepard breaks eye contact with Kasumi and tries not to laugh. Okay, they had him.*

Shepard: That obvious, huh?
Garrus: And then some. But...

*Garrus holds a talon up to enunciate a point. Shepard tilts his head in his direction.*

Garrus: I've spent a lot of time at C-Sec, and I've spent a lot of time watching people. In all that time, I think I've got a good handle on when people go from denial to just lying to themselves.
Shepard: *cautiously* Right...
Garrus: So level with me, Shepard. Between friends. When exactly did you know you felt something for Tali?

*Shepard opens his mouth, maybe getting one syllable out.*

Garrus: And if you say it was any time after the Normandy blew up, I'm going to throw you out of this shuttle.

*Shepard closes his mouth and sighs. Kasumi leans forward in her seat, interested in the answer.*

Shepard: *flat* If this leaves this shuttle, I'll kill both of you.

*Garrus and Kasumi nod. Shepard continues.*

Shepard: It was... *sigh*. It was when I gave her the geth data from the Armstrong Cluster. She said she couldn't offer me anything in return except promising to stay on til we captured Saren. I said I never wanted anything more... It wasn't until I got back to my quarters that I realized I'd lied to her.
Garrus: *leans back, wide eyed* Oh... shit.
Kasumi: *lost* What?
Garrus: By that time Shepard was... pretty involved with Gunnery Chief Williams.
Shepard: *nods* So... I lied to myself. Thank god, Tali didn't notice... or if she did, they probably never got past suspicions.
Kasumi: Chief Williams... from Horizon?
Garrus: Got it in one.
Shepard: Guess that one didn't work out so well. She called me a traitor, which... I guess means she never knew me at all. Meanwhile, Tali believed in me when I pulled up in a Cerberus shuttle. Twice. She listened. She gave a damn.

*Shepard laughs before continuing, talking more to himself than his friends.*

Shepard: Way back when, I didn't even know what else I wanted from her. I just hadn't thought that far ahead. Then she came back and offered me a grenade. *Breaks into a smile* And honest to god, I knew right then if that was all she ever gave me, I'd be the happiest man in the galaxy. That's when I knew she was the one.

September 04, 2010, 08:01:33 AM
Reply #52

Offline Dio|is|Satan

• Adolescent Quarian
  • The only god I need is the Ace of Spades.
Um..I'm kind of lost..What did he lie about?

September 04, 2010, 01:01:00 PM
Reply #53

Offline HandCannon

• Pilgrim
  • Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Shepard said that he never wanted anything more from Tali other than helping him fight Saren.  Going by this story he realised this was a lie later on.  He wanted her around for different reasons.  ;)
Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh.  You touch my mind fumbling in ignorance incapable of understanding.

September 07, 2010, 12:49:13 AM
Reply #54

Offline Himmelstor

• Podling
  • The Doctor is In
When first heard Haestrom log. "I wish Shepard were here." Was lost from that point on.

By the way, hello!

September 07, 2010, 01:41:46 AM
Reply #55

Offline AdamQ22

• One Post Wonder
  • Starcraft Carrier FTW
After my last playthrough of ME1, right before ME2 came out. Over time, I just realized how awesome she was, with her personality and such.

September 07, 2010, 02:20:30 AM
Reply #56

Offline videowiz186

• Ship Captain
  • Mr. Nasty
When first heard Haestrom log. "I wish Shepard were here." Was lost from that point on.

By the way, hello!
Greetings, friend. See will post here, as well. Hope will, at least.

September 07, 2010, 02:20:52 AM
Reply #57

Offline Grif101

• Lumberjack Commando
  • Full Quarian
  • This spoon is the Vanguard of your Destruction.

By the way, hello!
Hey Doc! Welcome to TZF! Why don't drop by General Chat, that's where most of us are ;)
Over the hills and far away.......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejEVczA8PLU

September 07, 2010, 10:29:35 AM
Reply #58

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
  • Wrex: the angry space toad from the future
    • Tobbs96

By the way, hello!

Greetings doctor. Have you come to practice Talimancy also?
Svensk vgg.

Bloodline part I

Xbox live GT: Raed Qw33zy (because why the fuck not?)

"If the shit hits the fan, then at least we've got the front row." - Me when someone - possibly me - is going to do something stupid.

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

September 10, 2010, 01:03:24 AM
Reply #59

Offline Shockwave S08

• Podling
  • I met a Quarian on Second Life. Have you?
It started when my friend (Gamertag: Resenti Tungstn) romanced Tali in ME2 for the Paramour achievement, thereby cheating on Liara. I, meanwhile, romanced Miranda (AKA Micheal Jackson's feminine side) and thus cheated on Ashley. But then I figured "eh, what the hell" and decided to go through ME1 again on what is essentially a "Hardcore completionist run", and was subsequently attracted to...well...everything about her! I ended up picking Liara and Tali as my squad for all of the game, and got [Quarian Ally] for my troubles. And when I imported into my third ME2 run...I think you know the rest by now...     :)
Spoiler for Hiden:
"Remember the good 'ol days when you could just slap omni-gel on everything?"
-Cmdr. Shepard, on hacking circa 2185

September 10, 2010, 01:10:26 AM
Reply #60

Offline Doommarine23

• Kikai's Son
  • Full Quarian
I thought she was super cute in ME1 and I wanted to LI her. Simple as that.

October 05, 2010, 09:27:08 AM
Reply #61

Offline 1911guy

• Pilgrim
ME1, in the alley behind Chora's den with Fist's thugs. Well shaped little spitfire that knew her way around grenades, had my interest. That combined with the allure of the unknown (her face) and the voice and that was that.

October 05, 2010, 10:32:21 AM
Reply #62

Offline Muk

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
  • The Qun is pretty deep. You wouldn't understand it
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Splinkdoodles
I don't think I was all that attracted to Tai in ME1. She seemed like a little kid that needed Shepard's protection.

It wasn't until halfway through ME2 that I became interested in romancing her.

October 05, 2010, 04:56:26 PM
Reply #63

Offline Rune

• The Watching Talimancer
  • Ship Captain
I don't think I was all that attracted to Tai in ME1. She seemed like a little kid that needed Shepard's protection.

It wasn't until halfway through ME2 that I became interested in romancing her.
Part of what originally got me attracted was that she didn't need any help. She was a little stupid that she went to the SB to begin with, but she held her own with those grenades.

October 05, 2010, 11:14:16 PM
Reply #64

Offline Muk

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Splinkdoodles
Part of what originally got me attracted was that she didn't need any help. She was a little stupid that she went to the SB to begin with, but she held her own with those grenades.
Yes. But she still dies if you don't get there in time...

October 05, 2010, 11:24:16 PM
Reply #65

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
Yes. But she still dies if you don't get there in time...
So would everyone else in the galaxy. She had the ability to stand up for herself.

October 05, 2010, 11:37:08 PM
Reply #66

Offline Muk

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Splinkdoodles
So would everyone else in the galaxy.
I sincerely doubt either Wrex, or Garrus, or a lot of other people would have died...
It was just one turian and a few salarians.

October 05, 2010, 11:38:27 PM
Reply #67

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
I sincerely doubt either Wrex, or Garrus, or a lot of other people would have died...
It was just one turian and a few salarians.
Cut scene damage is higher than game damage. You should know this by now.

October 12, 2010, 06:27:29 AM
Reply #68

Offline Wonko the Sane

• Pilgrim
  • Bow ties (and fezzes) are cool.
    • My Bioware Page
For me it started with her tech powers she came with me on every mission because I wanted to be able to unlock/hack stuff. After a while I started to like her more I grew attached she came with me on missions because I wanted her to, not just for her powers. By the end of mass effect I didn't romance anyone because they didn't seem interesting and I hadn't progressed their romance options (I was too busy talking to Tali and Garrus). When ME2 started I though she was gone so I started trying to romance Kelly (futilely). Then when I saw her again, that's when I knew I liked her not having know it until she was gone.
:wub: 
Steam ID: Wonko the Sane

October 12, 2010, 07:36:01 AM
Reply #69

Offline PMorgan18

• Ship Captain
  • Octavia
    • PMorgan18
All started with ME1 when I was told to save the Quarian.  I was like "A Quarian?  A new alien sweet.  Maybe they will be better then the stupid fucking volus."  Then seeing her in the hallway its was "The Quarian is that hot petite chick with the hot accent?  Awesome!"  Then it was me talking to Tali everywhere, after every mission hoping for the romance but it never came and talking to her only made it worst because you learn what a great character she is.  It was torture when Tali said "Hey Shepard.  Do you something?" you can tell she likes Shepard how that line is said.  Then in ME2 after I got Tali back and reassembled the team(Garrus and Tali) I talked to Kelly and everybody know how great that dialogue is.

Never surrender. Your honour lies in Victory or Death.

October 12, 2010, 02:40:07 PM
Reply #70

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
    • Tobbs96
All started with ME1 when I was told to save the Quarian.  I was like "A Quarian?  A new alien sweet.  Maybe they will be better then the stupid fucking volus."  Then seeing her in the hallway its was "The Quarian is that hot petite chick with the hot accent?  Awesome!"  Then it was me talking to Tali everywhere, after every mission hoping for the romance but it never came and talking to her only made it worst because you learn what a great character she is.  It was torture when Tali said "Hey Shepard.  Do you something?" you can tell she likes Shepard how that line is said.  Then in ME2 after I got Tali back and reassembled the team(Garrus and Tali) I talked to Kelly and everybody know how great that dialogue is.

"My female intuition says she want to be more than just good friends."
She could have just as well said "I'ma drop nuclear bawmb inside yo head!"
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 07:09:17 PM by Tobbs »
Svensk vgg.

Bloodline part I

"If the shit hits the fan, then at least we've got the front row." - Me when someone - possibly me - is going to do something stupid.

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

October 12, 2010, 06:34:17 PM
Reply #71

Offline Orphanim

• Podling
It wasn't immediate for me, although she was pretty much instantly in my party because she had that attitude and she was a tech expert. Useful. It grew over time, by they end of about the second story planet I'd figured out I'd LI her if I could, but I couldn't.

Even then, Tali didn't really become 'the one' until ME2, when Ashley told Shepard to his face that he betrayed her and the alliance and humanity, and yet Tali was willing to drop everything to go help him even though he was part of an organization her whole race hated. Tali was always the better of the two, but it was just such a perfect thing.

I guess it was more or less always there, but it's just gotten stronger with time. She's basically never been out of my party.

October 12, 2010, 07:11:04 PM
Reply #72

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
    • Tobbs96
It wasn't immediate for me, although she was pretty much instantly in my party because she had that attitude and she was a tech expert. Useful. It grew over time, by they end of about the second story planet I'd figured out I'd LI her if I could, but I couldn't.

Even then, Tali didn't really become 'the one' until ME2, when Ashley told Shepard to his face that he betrayed her and the alliance and humanity, and yet Tali was willing to drop everything to go help him even though he was part of an organization her whole race hated. Tali was always the better of the two, but it was just such a perfect thing.

I guess it was more or less always there, but it's just gotten stronger with time. She's basically never been out of my party.

That's the spirit! :thumbsup:
Svensk vgg.

Bloodline part I

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

October 15, 2010, 02:40:57 AM
Reply #73

Offline LordPennlocke

• One Post Wonder
I don't know what I was looking for, but around July I found the article about Fox's debacle with the sex scenes in ME1. Peaked my interest so I looked up Mass Effect Romance scene on youtube. First vid I watched was with Ashley in ME1. Watched a few other vids then clicked on a related vid that was of course Tali's romance. I watched it then decided the romance was so good, that I wanted to start playing Mass Effect.

Yes, so the reason I got into Mass Effect was seeing Tali's Romance scene. I like how sweetly it was written (her personality) compared to the others. Her eyes are another major reason. Among many other things.

October 19, 2010, 05:27:50 PM
Reply #74

Offline Kitteh face5

• Full Quarian
  • Reeeeaaally?
The first time I played ME1 and saw Tali, I was like "Damn. She's hot." And then it just grew from there. At first I thought that i wasn't able to romance her because I was FemShep.(on the first playthrough I romanced Kaidan, but was curious about Tali.) I was then disappointed when it wasn't possible with MaleShep neither. When I saw what could be done in ME2 I was like "YAAAY!!"
Tar is adrift am i measc na ralta a oscailt, mar aon taoid an tsolais agus tr shoals deannaigh, beidh m ar ais go dt an it ar thosaigh m.