Author Topic: The Tali Chat Thread  (Read 157898 times)

September 06, 2010, 04:24:52 AM

Offline Rear Admiral Kikaimegami

• リジョンマンセル
  • Machine Goddess
  • Ship Captain
  • dem head-flaps :wub:
    • kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Home of the Machine Goddess
Hello, I'm Kikai-Administrator and you've just entered..

THE TALI CHAT THREAD

What should you do here? Chat about Tali, since that's sort of why it's called the Tali Chat Thread. I'm not going to lie: this thread will be ruled with an iron fist. I will not permit any sort of bullshit whatsoever. You follow the rules, or you face my wrath. In fact, you need to follow the rules or the thread will likely get shitcanned. I'm not kidding about this.

These are the rules and I expect you to follow them like they've been handed down to you from on high.. because they have.

- Off topic is strictly forbidden. This will be heavily enforced, so keep that in mind when you're making a post. Having said that, the topics that will be considered relevant for this thread are any and all things directly related to Tali, including quarian issues. These are the only permitted topics in this thread. Every post you make better be about Tali or quarians. This does not mean that you may talk about specific quarians. If you want to talk about Kal'Reegar, then make a new thread.

- Spam is not allowed under any circumstances whatsoever. Spam does include: T-Bombs (seriously, don't do it), talking about DEM HIPS or whatever because the thread is slow, mentioning that the thread is slow (that's actually off topic), Useless single-word replies (even if it's in response to another post, for the love of god type more than a word or two if you're making a post).

- ALL TALI-RELATED CHAT IS ALLOWED! Just because someone has a differing opinion than you do on the character, that does not mean that they are off topic. As long as it's about Tali, then it is permitted. I'm not going to tolerate people reporting posts because they paint Tali in a bad light. Now, this doesn't mean you're allowed to troll this thread. If you're posting about killing Tali and only doing so because you think you're being edgy, I am going to be able to tell and I will beat you with the stick.

- If you want to go into detail on a given topic, I heavily encourage you to make a new thread for that specific topic. This is so people may continue their conversations without having to try and follow your topic. I'm going to be keeping an eye out for this and I wont hesitate to split longer conversations from this thread into their own, separate threads. This will also be applied to fanworks that you wish to share, such as fan fiction. If you want to post your work, there's places to do so and you should utilize them. Now that doesn't mean that you can't mention it in here, but don't converse about it in here (obviously, if it isn't your work, then this is moot). You have access to this entire site and aren't restricted to a single thread anymore, so go hog wild!

- If what you're posting may be considered offensive to some of your fellow Tali fans, please use the spoiler tags to hide it and explicitly state outside the tags what is in the tags (an example: "The following contains Tali dying on the suicide mission"). Spoiler tags can be used for hiding anything, be it images, or even youtube videos.

- If you're posting a link to anything outside of this site, then make it abundantly clear what the link is to. There should be no surprises from following links and I don't care if it's mentioned in the current conversation. If it isn't mentioned in your post then I'm going to be pissed.

- All of the regular forums rules apply for this thread in the most strongly enforced and policed way possible. If you break a regular forum rule, you're in for some shit.

- I reserve the right to add anything I feel like to this rules list at any time with or without warning, so you better make sure you check it before posting. If you have any questions concerning any of these rules, PM me. Don't ask in here. That'll just invoke my anger.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 02:38:24 PM by Rear Admiral Kikaimegami »
<Kikaimegami> technically every post I make is about Legion's ass!

This world is what we can give
Scarred from the way we lived
All those dreams we shared for you
How I wish they could come true
 :legionsnipe: :kikai:

We dreamed of a world in peace
But killed for a life of ease
Now we leave the wounds for you
What else can the dying do?

=^..^= (This) Forum Rules! =^..^= Legion Steam Community =^..^= My ME2 Projects =^..^=

September 06, 2010, 04:46:46 AM
Reply #1

Offline SenHai

• !random
  • Ship Captain
  • The Site. Its Dead Jim.
    • http://senhai.deviantart.com/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SenHai?feature=mhum
Well to start this off, how about impresions on Tali's Evo suit. How do you think the New suit compares to Tali's original suit in ME1?

September 06, 2010, 04:48:50 AM
Reply #2

Offline Rune

• The Watching Talimancer
  • Ship Captain
Well to start this off, how about impresions on Tali's Evo suit. How do you think the New suit compares to Tali's original suit in ME1?
I much preferred her new suit to her old. While it lacks the originality some people may have grown accustomed to, I believe it fits her much better. She's grown up a little and her pilgrimage is over. Her suit should reflect it. Also, I prefer her unloyal uniform to her loyal one. The golden straps are too much. They just don't fit in.

September 06, 2010, 04:51:07 AM
Reply #3

Offline SenHai

• !random
  • Ship Captain
  • The Site. Its Dead Jim.
    • http://senhai.deviantart.com/
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/SenHai?feature=mhum
I much preferred her new suit to her old. While it lacks the originality some people may have grown accustomed to, I believe it fits her much better. She's grown up a little and her pilgrimage is over. Her suit should reflect it. Also, I prefer her unloyal uniform to her loyal one. The golden straps are too much. They just don't fit in.
I quite liked the loyalty suit I like the flare and pizzaz the gold gave the suit.

I really didn't like Tali's Old suit to be honest, it was original but it just wasn't as eye pleasing as the new one.

September 06, 2010, 04:53:24 AM
Reply #4

• リジョンマンセル
  • Machine Goddess
  • Ship Captain
    • kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
I quite liked the loyalty suit I like the flare and pizzaz the gold gave the suit.

I really didn't like Tali's Old suit to be honest, it was original but it just wasn't as eye pleasing as the new one.
Plus the loyalty suit has so much wonderful contrast! It's very visually appealing.

=^..^= (This) Forum Rules! =^..^= Legion Steam Community =^..^= My ME2 Projects =^..^=

September 06, 2010, 04:53:38 AM
Reply #5

Offline videowiz186

• Ship Captain
  • Mr. Nasty
Concur wholeheartedly. Unloyal suit fits character more, in own opinion. Suit from ME1 was fitting for Pilgrimage, and am glad did redesign, as Rune states shows has grown up and matured.

September 06, 2010, 04:57:11 AM
Reply #6

Offline Spa Ce vas Buscuit

• Knower of Names
  • Full Quarian
  • *** no signal ***
Overall, I'm satisfied with what they did with Tali, suit and all, in ME2. Tali was adorable in ME1, but in a young girl, I want to pinch your cheeks kind of way. I liked that they clarified that Tali was 24 years old in ME2, and therefore not the adolescent some had assumed her to be, and gave her a more mature suit and personality to match. All her most appealing qualities were retained and enhanced by making her a woman.

September 06, 2010, 04:58:11 AM
Reply #7

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
Plus the loyalty suit has so much wonderful contrast! It's very visually appealing.
As I said before, the gold just doesn't fit her well. She's not very bling blingy.

Agreed. The me1 suit was not to my liking at all. I'm very glad she got an upgrade.

September 06, 2010, 04:59:51 AM
Reply #8

• リジョンマンセル
  • Machine Goddess
  • Ship Captain
    • kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
As I said before, the gold just doesn't fit her well. She's not very bling blingy.
I just like thinking of it being a gift from Shepard and that's why it's so... bold.

September 06, 2010, 05:00:57 AM
Reply #9

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
I just like thinking of it being a gift from Shepard and that's why it's so... bold.
Until it's confirmed that the belts are the replacement gift to the shotgun and that Tali is wearing them because they were a gift from Shepard, I'm going to assume otherwise :P
It just seems odd to me. I'm probably looking too hard into something that was just meant to grab the player's attention.

September 06, 2010, 05:07:23 AM
Reply #10

• Knower of Names
  • Full Quarian
  • *** no signal ***
Did she gain a little more of an accent in ME2?

September 06, 2010, 05:09:18 AM
Reply #11

Offline videowiz186

• Ship Captain
  • Mr. Nasty
Thought voice stayed same. Maybe more mature in ME2, but consistent with ME1 voice. Or perhaps am not hearing it.

September 06, 2010, 05:11:19 AM
Reply #12

• リジョンマンセル
  • Machine Goddess
  • Ship Captain
    • kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
I think it's just she got a better handle on the accent and so it's more consistent than it was in ME1.

September 06, 2010, 05:12:03 AM
Reply #13

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
She picked one of the four she had in me1 and stuck with it. I'm glad :D

September 06, 2010, 05:13:40 AM
Reply #14

• Knower of Names
  • Full Quarian
  • *** no signal ***
I think it's just she got a better handle on the accent and so it's more consistent than it was in ME1.

You're probably right. They just the refined the character a little. She also has a little more of a badass streak, which just made her that much more appealing.

September 06, 2010, 05:13:47 AM
Reply #15

• リジョンマンセル
  • Machine Goddess
  • Ship Captain
    • kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
She picked one of the four she had in me1 and stuck with it. I'm glad :D
Yeah, it's basically this :P And she doesn't have as many damned turian names to say...

September 06, 2010, 05:13:55 AM
Reply #16

Offline M

• Taylormancer
  • Adolescent Quarian

This.

Sroka was having a real hard time holding onto that accent and trying to sound so young at the same time. She actually drops the accent from some lines and seems to just be talking in her normal voice for the entire latter time of the game.

You can also tell she fucking hates any word with a hard R sound like Garrus or Saren.

edit: She even pronounces her own name three different ways.

September 06, 2010, 05:14:22 AM
Reply #17

Offline Volrath937

• Adolescent Quarian
Here's a video of her speaking in ME1/2:
Mass Effect 1&2 Random Tali Moments

It definitely sounds like her voice becomes more mature and her accent becomes thicker.

September 06, 2010, 05:16:27 AM
Reply #18

Offline videowiz186

• Ship Captain
  • Mr. Nasty
*snip*
It definitely sounds like her voice becomes more mature and her accent becomes thicker.
Now do notice it. Indeed, is much thicker. Has been while since played either. Might be reason.

September 06, 2010, 05:19:51 AM
Reply #19

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
Comparing them side to side only shows how much more effort Liz is putting into keeping Tali's accent.
Oh how it does sound sweet.

September 06, 2010, 05:22:54 AM
Reply #20

Offline M

• Taylormancer
  • Adolescent Quarian
Comparing them side to side only shows how much more effort Liz is putting into keeping Tali's accent.
Oh how it does sound sweet.

I really don't think Liz got that much voice-direction in the original Mass Effect since they probably thought Tali wasn't going to be too popular.

September 06, 2010, 05:34:14 AM
Reply #21

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
I really don't think Liz got that much voice-direction in the original Mass Effect since they probably thought Tali wasn't going to be too popular.
Well, they were certainly wrong. I'm glad that Tali is very much intertwined in the story now. A part of a whole.

September 06, 2010, 05:39:21 AM
Reply #22

Offline NCLanceman

• Minific Master
  • Pilgrim

0:25 - 0:40

Garrus: You seem to be attracting unwanted attention, Tali. Several passersby were staring at you.
Tali: Many think less of quarians for travelling in the flotilla, and for creating the geth. They see us as scavengers, little better than thieves.

Right. I get that that specific piece of exposition was necessary, but -oh, I don't know- the skintight enviroment suit and dat ass might've also contributed. Just putting that out there.

I wonder if this counts as in-character naivete.

September 06, 2010, 05:46:01 AM
Reply #23

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
0:25 - 0:40

Garrus: You seem to be attracting unwanted attention, Tali. Several passersby were staring at you.
Tali: Many think less of quarians for travelling in the flotilla, and for creating the geth. They see us as scavengers, little better than thieves.

Right. I get that that specific piece of exposition was necessary, but -oh, I don't know- the skintight enviroment suit and dat ass might've also contributed. Just putting that out there.

I wonder if this counts as in-character naivete.
It's probably a bit of both. The suit would attract attention and then people would realize she's a quarian.

September 06, 2010, 05:57:48 AM
Reply #24

Offline NCLanceman

• Minific Master
  • Pilgrim
Speaking of her suit, does anyone have that pic of Quarian Suit Concept Art? I'm kinda hoping they eventually use one of those concepts for an AA Pack sometime or other.