Author Topic: The Tali Chat Thread  (Read 158092 times)

September 06, 2010, 05:58:58 AM
Reply #25

Offline Sergio

• Full Quarian
0:25 - 0:40

Garrus: You seem to be attracting unwanted attention, Tali. Several passersby were staring at you.
Tali: Many think less of quarians for travelling in the flotilla, and for creating the geth. They see us as scavengers, little better than thieves.

Right. I get that that specific piece of exposition was necessary, but -oh, I don't know- the skintight enviroment suit and dat ass might've also contributed. Just putting that out there.

I wonder if this counts as in-character naivete.

LOL I'm sure that's not what they meant, but it is pretty funny how well it fits.

Adamo, Tali + Shepard FF. Currently on Chapter 30. It seems to be pretty well liked, so, uh, check it out!

September 06, 2010, 05:59:30 AM
Reply #26

Offline Rune

• The Watching Talimancer
  • Ship Captain
Speaking of her suit, does anyone have that pic of Quarian Suit Concept Art? I'm kinda hoping they eventually use one of those concepts for an AA Pack sometime or other.
No but I know which one you're talking about. I'm glad they trashed the flashy gold outfit for Tali. That wouldn't have been good at all...

September 06, 2010, 06:08:50 AM
Reply #27

Offline Sergio

• Full Quarian
I never really liked that outfit in that concept art image.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing an AA outfit that had some white. White accentuates certain sexy details a bit more than black.

Adamo, Tali + Shepard FF. Currently on Chapter 30. It seems to be pretty well liked, so, uh, check it out!

September 06, 2010, 06:10:12 AM
Reply #28

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
I never really liked that outfit in that concept art image.

Although, I wouldn't mind seeing an AA outfit that had some white. White accentuates certain sexy details a bit more than black.
Indeed. The blue and white outfit made by mr kusy for Tali is one of the few I tolerate. White does look very good on Tali.

September 06, 2010, 06:14:05 AM
Reply #29

Offline NCLanceman

• Minific Master
  • Pilgrim
LOL I'm sure that's not what they meant, but it is pretty funny how well it fits.

I'm wondering if that really is what they meant or not. I somehow have a problem believing the following scenario didn't take place:

Bioware Writer: You know... I've been looking at the concept art and the latest models for that alien technician chick, and... you can bounce a quarter off her ass.
Project Lead: Yeah...
Bioware Writer: Well... shouldn't we address that?
Project Lead: Address what?
Bioware Writer: I mean, she's hot. No one acknowledges this.
Project Lead: Yeah. Everyone's hot in the future. So?
Bioware Writer: Not everyone.
Project Lead: A lot of people are hot in the future.
Bioware Writer: But this is someone the players are going to spent hours upon hours with.
Project Lead: She has no face. Everything I know about character design tells me players are going to be hardpressed to empathize with her as it is. That's why we're pushing it with the voice as it is.
Bioware Writer: Look, I'll bet my next paycheck players are going to attach themselves to her like white on rice, and we should address this.

*Project Lead takes a step back and stares at the writer.*

Project Lead: You're serious about this, aren't you?
Bioware Writer: My hand to God.
Project Lead: Okay, how about this... you go around implying shit, but not actually telling the player anything, and we'll see what happens.
Bioware Writer: That's not what-
Project Lead: OH MY, LOOK AT THE TIME. I've got a Space Cthulu and his Space Cult Priest to oversee.

*Project Lead storms out. Writer looks at his notes.*

Bioware Writer: Fine. You want me to imply shit? I'm going to imply my ass off.

Seems totally plausible to me. Then again, paranoia really is kind of it's own reward.

September 06, 2010, 06:18:57 AM
Reply #30

Offline Sergio

• Full Quarian
Hah, good story.   :D

But yeah, that writer hopefully got a paycheck increase, because he was right on.  8)

September 06, 2010, 06:24:11 AM
Reply #31

Offline Sergio

• Full Quarian
Realistically, I can't imagine most female quarians (if they look even remotely as good as Tali!) being too mistreated, by human males anyway.

If there's one thing that will override even the most extreme prejudices, it's male attraction towards a female. Well, temporarily, anyway.

September 06, 2010, 06:25:29 AM
Reply #32

Offline NCLanceman

• Minific Master
  • Pilgrim
Hah, good story.   :D

But yeah, that writer hopefully got a paycheck increase, because he was right on.  8)

Two Days Later

Liz Szroka: "I don't know what I can give you, Shepard... except my solemn promise to see this through to the end."
Mark Meer: "I never wanted anything more, Tali."
Voice Director: And cut!
Mark Meer: Wait... *flips pages* Is that it?
Liz Szroka: Yeah, I thought there'd be more to this...
Voice Director: Hey, those are all the pages I got. Now let's get back to work. We've only got to record every other line you two have together. *covers mic* Is that really all the pages for that scene?
Bioware Writer: *trollface* Sure. Sure is.
Liz Szroka: "My name is Tali!"

September 06, 2010, 06:30:07 AM
Reply #33

Offline Sergio

• Full Quarian
See, that little exchange right there is the reason why Bioware writers have been banned from the Pulitzer Price award, forever.

Talk about messing something up!

September 06, 2010, 07:52:52 AM
Reply #34

Offline Rune

• Ship Captain
Moving back to Tali's suit, I like that the cloth was the purple color. It more or less fits her personality, royal and intelligent with the passion and energy of red but the stability of blue. I can't help but picture Tali making the cloth herself, as the suits are highly customized and such.

September 06, 2010, 01:13:56 PM
Reply #35

Offline videowiz186

• Ship Captain
  • Mr. Nasty
Moving back to Tali's suit, I like that the cloth was the purple color. It more or less fits her personality, royal and intelligent with the passion and energy of red but the stability of blue. I can't help but picture Tali making the cloth herself, as the suits are highly customized and such.
Have read fanfiction that cloth was gift from Tali's mother, which can imagine also. But can picture her making cloth herself, yes.

September 06, 2010, 02:44:03 PM
Reply #36

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
  • Wrex: the angry space toad from the future
    • Tobbs96
Have read fanfiction that cloth was gift from Tali's mother, which can imagine also. But can picture her making cloth herself, yes.

The suit that Tali has in ME2 can't be a gift from her mother since she died five years before the events of ME1. Do you mean the suit she's wearing in ME1?
Svensk vägg.

Bloodline part I

Xbox live GT: Raed Qw33zy (because why the fuck not?)

"If the shit hits the fan, then at least we've got the front row." - Me when someone - possibly me - is going to do something stupid.

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

September 06, 2010, 03:16:07 PM
Reply #37

Offline Sergio

• Full Quarian
I kinda imagine that the cloth is just something she found on the Neema's trading deck, and used it to make herself some nice new decorative wrappings.

In Ascension, when Seeto was asked if there was any significance to the orange cloth of his cubicle, his response was "It means my mother likes the color orange."

Although they were only talking about the cubicle, that suggests there isn't any real significance to the cloths; they're just a way to decorate.

September 06, 2010, 03:23:24 PM
Reply #38

Offline videowiz186

• Ship Captain
  • Mr. Nasty
The suit that Tali has in ME2 can't be a gift from her mother since she died five years before the events of ME1. Do you mean the suit she's wearing in ME1?
Yes.

September 06, 2010, 03:36:23 PM
Reply #39

Offline Harold_Genhi

• Quarian Genius
  • Ship Captain
  • Rave your heart out.
maybe quarians are given an opportunity to change their robes after their pilgrimage, almost like a way of signifying physically that they have lived up to the expectations of the fleet. Tali's robes seem slightly more decorated than the other suits worn by other quarians so it would appear, since she had given more the fleet than any other quarian that she was awarded more for her services and duty. but this is like most theories, complete speculation.

September 06, 2010, 04:07:10 PM
Reply #40

Offline M

• Taylormancer
  • Adolescent Quarian
I honestly think Tali would have never gotten so popular if she hadn't lucked out with such a talented voice-actress. So many things were against Tali that could have made her totally unlikeable.

September 06, 2010, 04:17:02 PM
Reply #41

Offline videowiz186

• Ship Captain
  • Mr. Nasty
maybe quarians are given an opportunity to change their robes after their pilgrimage, almost like a way of signifying physically that they have lived up to the expectations of the fleet. Tali's robes seem slightly more decorated than the other suits worn by other quarians so it would appear, since she had given more the fleet than any other quarian that she was awarded more for her services and duty. but this is like most theories, complete speculation.
Yes, is speculation. But like your theory.

September 06, 2010, 04:34:35 PM
Reply #42

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
  • Wrex: the angry space toad from the future
    • Tobbs96
I honestly think Tali would have never gotten so popular if she hadn't lucked out with such a talented voice-actress. So many things were against Tali that could have made her totally unlikeable.

I believe you're right. I felt like her voice was pulling me in like a fish on a hook. ^-^
Svensk vägg.

Bloodline part I

Xbox live GT: Raed Qw33zy (because why the fuck not?)

"If the shit hits the fan, then at least we've got the front row." - Me when someone - possibly me - is going to do something stupid.

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

September 06, 2010, 04:47:08 PM
Reply #43

Offline emedeka

• Migrant Fleet Marine
  • Is a Life-like chat V.I.
    • mdkcde
Well, it is not secret that tali was planned as an LI, but discarded halfway through.

I Suport Legion Prime.
Because if he's going to be a NPC, he better be the Best NPC in the history of mankind.

Jesse James Allen. a.k.a. Lower Afterlife Bitchin' Rave song composer. did this track called Zorah's Fire as a temptative ME3 theme for Tali.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBOwP2RFDhA&feature=related

September 06, 2010, 04:56:33 PM
Reply #44

Offline M

• Taylormancer
  • Adolescent Quarian
Well, it is not secret that tali was planned as an LI, but discarded halfway through.

I know Hudson said this. But it had to have been really early in development for them to even have considered her a LI, unless Garrus was also going to be one.

I really think Hudson was just being full of shit (which he sometimes is)

September 06, 2010, 05:01:03 PM
Reply #45

Offline Savakka1

• Ship Captain
  • Pro Quarian.
Because Bioware thought that players wouldn't like her feet. Really?

September 06, 2010, 05:02:15 PM
Reply #46

Offline videowiz186

• Ship Captain
  • Mr. Nasty
Because Bioware thought that players wouldn't like her feet. Really?
Was idiotic reason, and do not think is even valid excuse. But am glad things turned out way did. Tali worth waiting for.

September 06, 2010, 05:58:14 PM
Reply #47

Offline emedeka

• Migrant Fleet Marine
    • mdkcde
Silly developers, only women take notice on the feet.
Take at look at this for example, Tali could look like this and most would still do it. I suppose

I Suport Legion Prime.
Because if he's going to be a NPC, he better be the Best NPC in the history of mankind.

Jesse James Allen. a.k.a. Lower Afterlife Bitchin' Rave song composer. did this track called Zorah's Fire as a temptative ME3 theme for Tali.

September 06, 2010, 06:02:09 PM
Reply #48

Offline Harold_Genhi

• Quarian Genius
  • Ship Captain
  • Rave your heart out.
I like her feet :( ... :D. I'm glad they got a good voice actor for her. would have ruined how interesting she was if it couldn't have been executed right. But this is what I always looked at. All quarians have those metal shin supports/boots. looking at the bend and the strain that their legs would be in, I would assume that quarians don't stand too long, at least, not without the supports helping them. I don't they are like infants and can't stand, walk, or run, but i don't think they could stand straight without either moving their legs or sitting down. but i can't say too much in the way of biology.

September 06, 2010, 06:06:06 PM
Reply #49

Offline emedeka

• Migrant Fleet Marine
    • mdkcde
I think the reason for the shin armor is to avoid having the suit damaged due to fall, trips krogan stepping on you etc.

I Suport Legion Prime.