Author Topic: Mah own interest check.  (Read 2719 times)

December 04, 2010, 01:27:28 AM

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
  • Wrex: the angry space toad from the future
    • Tobbs96
Well, I don't know where to put this, so I'll do like CB and put it here :P

It's about a new little story I just came up with (I know I've already got a lot of writing to do, but if I don't vent these ideas, I'ma go crazy)
The story is about Josh Collins, a guy at the age of 20, trying to make a living in the 25:th century's post-apocalyptic Arizona(no, there are no giant, mutated animals or insects that try to kill you. I'll let Fallout keep that)

Story: In the year of 2297, humanity got their first contact with an alien species: the Akahr. It turns out though, that the Akahr weren't peaceful, but instead ran an expanding galactic empire. The Akahr declared war against humanity in 2304. After thirty years of fighting, humanity finally seemed to have a chance to push back the attackers.

Unfortunately, however, in the year of 2335, the Akahr called in help from their allies; the Sarastians. First contact, as well as war with the Sarastians occurred on October 9 2335. The tides quickly turned to the invader's advantage, and in 2337, the war seemed all but lost.

However, it would end with the demise of them all, as a squad of Akahr commandos, supported by Sarastian skirmishers, captured 24 nuclear warheads from a launching facility in Siberia.

The Akahr and Sarastians, or the "Shugak" as the name of the banner they united under was called, under-estimating the power in the weapons, believing they where simply powerful missiles, they decided to capture as many as they could from the governments of Earth. Eventually, they succeeded in stealing every recorded nuclear warhead on the planet, and in 2341, they launched all of them on every major city on the planet. Too late, way too late, the Shugak realized it's mistake and...yeah...you get the picture; it went to hell. The surviving soldiers of the Shugak where stuck on this now dying planet, as all of the ships in orbit believed them already dead, and went back home.

Now, the year is somewhere between 2496 and 2498, most people have lost track. The state of Arizona has been fractured into small nations, such as the Republic of New Arizona (RNA), or the American Theocratic Union (ATU). There are also small tribes spread around, like the Canyon Wolves, Gators of Gila, and the slavers from Green Valley. There has also arisen a new threat, the borders of the Kingdom of New Utah (KNU) draws closer and closer for every month that passes.

Although the majority of the nations are human, the Jakhugan empire, consisting of former soldiers of the Shugak that where stationed in Mexico, also draws near.

And the fate of everything may be resting on one mans shoulders...

If you're interested in this story, let me know, and I'll send the first chapter to the ones interested as soon as it's done :) (note: the chapters in this story will be much longer than that of them in my fanfics)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 01:33:16 AM by Tobbs »
Svensk vgg.

Bloodline part I

Xbox live GT: Raed Qw33zy (because why the fuck not?)

"If the shit hits the fan, then at least we've got the front row." - Me when someone - possibly me - is going to do something stupid.

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

December 04, 2010, 12:23:25 PM
Reply #1

Offline RobotNixon

• Ship Captain
  • Sounds about right.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • BeastLingo42
It's not much to go on without the actual story.
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

December 04, 2010, 12:25:32 PM
Reply #2

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
    • Tobbs96
It's not much to go on without the actual story.

Well, I won't start if no one is willing to test-read it. That is kinda what I've been waiting for this whole time.
Svensk vgg.

Bloodline part I

"If the shit hits the fan, then at least we've got the front row." - Me when someone - possibly me - is going to do something stupid.

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

December 04, 2010, 12:26:42 PM
Reply #3

Offline RobotNixon

• Ship Captain
  • Sounds about right.
    • AdultPuppetShow
    • BeastLingo42
Why would no one be willing to read it?

Just post a link to it.
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for fair use for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use.

December 04, 2010, 12:29:13 PM
Reply #4

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
    • Tobbs96
Why would no one be willing to read it?

Just post a link to it.

Alright. Just one thing: I've never published any work before that's not to FF.net, so maybe you need to point me in the right direction to where I will upload it, before I can send a link.
Svensk vgg.

Bloodline part I

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

December 04, 2010, 04:20:44 PM
Reply #5

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
    • Tobbs96

Okay, to make it a little easier with orientation, I've put up a map of Arizona with the territories of the factions that are important enough to be on the map.
Red= Republic of New Arizona
Capital: Kingman
Green= American Theocratic Union
Capital: Kayenta
Yellow= Kingdom of New Utah
Capital: Salt lake city
Purple= Jakhugan empire
Capital: Hermosillo
Orange= Order of The Torch (kinda like this world's Brotherhood of Steel, only there is no such thing as power armor)
Capital: Safford
White= Green Valley territory (slavers)
Capital: Green Valley
Black= Gators of Gila
Capital: None
Blue= Canyon Wolves
Capital: None
Gray= Neutral ground; no fighting allowed within the city of Phoenix

The rest is no-mans-land. This is the most dangerous area of them all. It's lawless; full of bandits and relatively unimportant tribes with no considerable territory. (Don't get me wrong. You will probably still encounter bandits at least once if you go out of the settlements, whatever the territory is.)

And I didn't make much effort in making the map look nice...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:40:49 PM by Tobbs »
Svensk vgg.

Bloodline part I

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

January 20, 2011, 09:00:45 PM
Reply #6

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
    • Tobbs96
The first chapter is done. Didn't turn out to be as long as I planned, but I figured I'll go with the classical "shorter-chapters-more-chapters" style.

There's just one problem: where to upload this thing?
Svensk vgg.

Bloodline part I

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

January 20, 2011, 09:08:52 PM
Reply #7

Offline Muk

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
  • The Qun is pretty deep. You wouldn't understand it
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Splinkdoodles
The first chapter is done. Didn't turn out to be as long as I planned, but I figured I'll go with the classical "shorter-chapters-more-chapters" style.

There's just one problem: where to upload this thing?
Deviantart?

Failing that... *performs some GOOGLE-FU*

A few of the websites listed here could work.
http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/443288

January 21, 2011, 03:04:50 PM
Reply #8

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
    • Tobbs96
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 03:12:50 PM by Tobbs »
Svensk vgg.

Bloodline part I

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!

January 22, 2011, 10:33:40 AM
Reply #9

Offline Kitteh face5

• Full Quarian
  • Reeeeaaally?
Hmm...interesting.
Tar is adrift am i measc na ralta a oscailt, mar aon taoid an tsolais agus tr shoals deannaigh, beidh m ar ais go dt an it ar thosaigh m.

January 22, 2011, 04:51:51 PM
Reply #10

Offline Muk

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
  • The Qun is pretty deep. You wouldn't understand it
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Splinkdoodles
I liked it.

But you call that short?

January 22, 2011, 10:54:10 PM
Reply #11

Offline Kitteh face5

• Full Quarian
  • Reeeeaaally?
I liked it.

But you call that short?

He has told me how he thought it would be at first. Trust me, compared to that, this is short.

An smaoineamh bunaidh a bh fad ifreann...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 10:56:24 PM by Kitteh face5 »
Tar is adrift am i measc na ralta a oscailt, mar aon taoid an tsolais agus tr shoals deannaigh, beidh m ar ais go dt an it ar thosaigh m.

January 23, 2011, 01:21:28 PM
Reply #12

Offline Tobbs

• Ship Captain
    • Tobbs96
He has told me how he thought it would be at first. Trust me, compared to that, this is short.

An smaoineamh bunaidh a bh fad ifreann...

Indeed.
Svensk vgg.

Bloodline part I

Zombie survival

SPAAAAAAACE!!