Author Topic: Tali's romantic future when Shepard is female  (Read 13409 times)

April 17, 2012, 11:22:12 AM
Reply #50

Offline Garrus

• Migrant Fleet Marine
  • Cause Garrus Is Awesome Too!
    • TZFGarrus
    • Magyx
    • Vaccumdiagrams
I've seen some really cute stories with her and Garrus getting together that have done a good job of pointing out why it would work. I'm actually a big fan of that pairing. Kal is probably more realistic, but Garrus just seems more.. adorable somehow.

EDIT: This is assuming I haven't romanced Garrus, of course. Because yeah, scars are sexy. I'm a big fan of supportive waists, too :wub:

^-^ ChibiGarrrus Approves
Garrus has left the building.

April 18, 2012, 03:25:33 PM
Reply #51

Offline Kal Reegar

• Podling
Well, Considering Tali was meant to be Bi in ME2, I think she would still have a crush on Shepard.
Im English...

April 18, 2012, 03:44:53 PM
Reply #52

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
I'm not so sure on "was meant to be", but concerning the end result, I agree: Taking all the things together (same dialogue after the trial ["I got better, I got you"], very similar flustering conversation with FemShep, according to SB dossiers downloading Human Courtship and Mating...) I think we can say the game presents her as having a crush on FemShep.

However, as I've said earlier that only covers her side, not necessarily FemShep's side...

Pity nothing came out of that in ME 3, though OTOH, granted, it's not like ME doesn't already have enough bisexual female romances as is; if there's need to catch up it would be on the other side, heh.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 03:47:10 PM by Octo »
The First Human Spectre

My fanfiction. ME 1 with Shepard/Tali Romance. Currently over 300,000 words.

April 18, 2012, 04:01:06 PM
Reply #53

Offline Seddo4494

• Full Quarian
    • seddo4494
    • Seddon4494?feature=mhee
I think Tali and Garrus do make a good couple, especially since they're both dextro-amino acid based organisms. They're not as good as Tali is with any of my male Shepards of course but at least Garrus and Tali can eat each others foods.
Time not spent with Tali is time wasted. ^-^

April 18, 2012, 04:15:51 PM
Reply #54

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
OTOH, I'm wondering if the fact that they're both dextro might make Tali's health reaction worse...
The First Human Spectre

April 18, 2012, 06:32:28 PM
Reply #55

Offline Seddo4494

• Full Quarian
    • seddo4494
I like to think it'd be ok, but really I've no idea  :P there's probably something she can take if the allergy is worse. I still think they'd be good together   ;D

April 18, 2012, 07:56:03 PM
Reply #56

Offline Garrus

• Migrant Fleet Marine
  • Cause Garrus Is Awesome Too!
    • TZFGarrus
    • Magyx
    • Vaccumdiagrams
I like to think it'd be ok, but really I've no idea  :P there's probably something she can take if the allergy is worse. I still think they'd be good together   ;D

Well said
Garrus has left the building.

April 19, 2012, 07:19:56 AM
Reply #57

Offline Kal Reegar

• Podling
Problem is that Tali would react really badly to Turian germs...
Im English...

April 19, 2012, 11:11:15 AM
Reply #58

Offline Isbjorn

• Full Quarian
  • Shepard never gave up - Neither should you.
    • ElvenArcher3000
Problem is that Tali would react really badly to Turian germs...

She adapted quite nicely to Shepard in ME3. However, it might be worse with Turians as their diseases are intended for dextro creatures... I dunno.
I'm Commander Shepard, and Tali'Zorah is my favourite girl in the galaxy.

My FF, with the goal of bringing life back to the ME universe after the events of ME3 (on hold to see what EC brings):
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8020613/1/Mass_Effect_Resurrection

April 19, 2012, 12:18:29 PM
Reply #59

Offline Seddo4494

• Full Quarian
    • seddo4494
Didn't she say she doesn't actually catch the disease, she only has an allergic reaction to the bacteria so maybe what little immune system they would react better to dextro bacteria if they're more used to it? 

April 19, 2012, 12:28:03 PM
Reply #60

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
Didn't she say she doesn't actually catch the disease, she only has an allergic reaction to the bacteria so maybe what little immune system they would react better to dextro bacteria if they're more used to it?

She says so in ME 2. In ME 1 and (as I heard) in ME 3 it's just generic "weak immune system" as explanation. So if we go by the former, it doesn't matter but if we go by the latter it does make a difference. Now the ME 2 explanation neatly explains why quarians, despite being dextro-amino, could catch diseases everywhere, but OTOH an allergic reaction cannot be the result of an atrophied immune system: Rather allergic reactions are due to overactive immune systems. So neither explanation is fully satisfying...
The First Human Spectre

April 19, 2012, 12:54:30 PM
Reply #61

Offline Kal Reegar

• Podling
In ME2 she explains that she can only catch Turian germs and have a regular reaction to that infection, Most others just cause "an acute allergic reaction."
Im English...

April 19, 2012, 01:03:04 PM
Reply #62

Offline Rear Admiral Kikaimegami

• リジョンマンセル
  • Machine Goddess
  • Ship Captain
  • dem head-flaps :wub:
    • kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Home of the Machine Goddess
The whole immune system thing requires epic-level suspension of disbelief, because it honestly makes very little sense if you take all the given "facts" as one package. I don't think they thought the entire explanation through very well. I just think of it as them having a unique immune system due to the way their race evolved, which they completely screwed up by over-sterilizing everything after the Morning War (and the fact that the geth are helping to fix the issue indicates this--it's not an issue of genetics, it's allergies, they just need to retrain their systems).

<Kikaimegami> technically every post I make is about Legion's ass!

This world is what we can give
Scarred from the way we lived
All those dreams we shared for you
How I wish they could come true
 :legionsnipe: :kikai:

We dreamed of a world in peace
But killed for a life of ease
Now we leave the wounds for you
What else can the dying do?

=^..^= (This) Forum Rules! =^..^= Legion Steam Community =^..^= My ME2 Projects =^..^=

April 19, 2012, 01:05:07 PM
Reply #63

Offline Rear Admiral Kikaimegami

• リジョンマンセル
  • Machine Goddess
  • Ship Captain
  • dem head-flaps :wub:
    • kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Home of the Machine Goddess
In ME2 she explains that she can only catch Turian germs and have a regular reaction to that infection, Most others just cause "an acute allergic reaction."
I can't remember; does she mention if they have a bad reaction to "normal" infections? If they're suffering from some sort of immune-deficiency (as opposed to an allergic reaction), then it might be worse than a turian's reaction to the same infection.
<Kikaimegami> technically every post I make is about Legion's ass!

This world is what we can give
Scarred from the way we lived
All those dreams we shared for you
How I wish they could come true
 :legionsnipe: :kikai:

We dreamed of a world in peace
But killed for a life of ease
Now we leave the wounds for you
What else can the dying do?

=^..^= (This) Forum Rules! =^..^= Legion Steam Community =^..^= My ME2 Projects =^..^=

April 19, 2012, 03:10:22 PM
Reply #64

Offline Seddo4494

• Full Quarian
    • seddo4494
In ME2 she explains that she can only catch Turian germs and have a regular reaction to that infection
I don't remember her saying that?

The whole immune system thing requires epic-level suspension of disbelief
This is true, it is for most things in the mass effect universe. Her immune system can depend on what's cannon in your universe too
Spoiler for Hiden:
If you unite the geth and quarians she says the geth are working to help them rebuild it
   ^I think that classes as spoiler anyway. Plus, if she can adapt to Shepard ok, she could to Garrus eventually.