Author Topic: Tali Zorah's Hair  (Read 2394 times)

April 14, 2012, 03:44:04 PM

Offline Aegrus

• Pilgrim
I noticed something interesting as I was playing ME II this morning.  In Mass Effect 1, Tali looks much like any other Quarrian, does she not?  Her suit is very similar.  There is no bulge in her hood, indicating that her hair is short.  However, in Mass Effect 2, her hood is wider at the base- which I assume is to accomodate her long hair.  Most Quarrians have uniformly shaped hoods-indicating that they are either bald, or their hair is shorter. 

We know that Tali supposedly had a crush on Shepard even in Mass Effect 1, and that she still adored him after he died at the beginning of ME 2.  Is it possible that Tali met Shepard, and grew out her hair to be more like a human, and thus more appealing to Shepard?  Just a random thought.

Oh, wait. . .should this entire post be in spoiler tags?  I honestly don't know.  Is her hair common knowledge by now?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:46:17 PM by Aegrus »
I don't care what Tali looks like.  Her true beauty is in her spirit and personality, and those can't be locked behind a mask.

April 14, 2012, 03:57:54 PM
Reply #1

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
Considering that Bioware just used a random photo off the net and photoshopped it as base for Tali's appearance, I think you're overthinking it :D Now, it kinda does serve as a sort of retroactive explanation, but if we go into such fanon territory, well, then I'd rather pretend she hasn't hair at all  :P
The First Human Spectre

My fanfiction. ME 1 with Shepard/Tali Romance. Currently over 300,000 words.

April 14, 2012, 08:36:37 PM
Reply #2

Offline xmc 10-357

• Adolescent Quarian
Also from a development standpoint, I think there's just one generic male and female quarian mesh - aside from Tali's of course - in the game used with different textures (and not too many of those, either); So not much room to diversify. I could be wrong, but that's how it seems anyway.

But it's an interesting explanation though  :)
I want more Tali

April 14, 2012, 11:48:56 PM
Reply #3

Offline Isbjorn

• Full Quarian
  • Shepard never gave up - Neither should you.
    • ElvenArcher3000
Ignoring the stock photo usage, I would actually consider it quite possible that she grew her hair out for the looks. It would be much more practical to have short hair inside a suit (hell, I hated having long hair inside just my motorcycle helmet). Trying to charm Shepard with her looks doesn't seem that improbable, even if she can only get out of her suit for those intimate moments - Which is when she wants to look good, considering those moments are few and special.
I'm Commander Shepard, and Tali'Zorah is my favourite girl in the galaxy.

My FF, with the goal of bringing life back to the ME universe after the events of ME3 (on hold to see what EC brings):
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8020613/1/Mass_Effect_Resurrection