Author Topic: Tali and the Mass Effect Movie  (Read 13195 times)

June 29, 2012, 02:08:24 PM
Reply #50

Offline mikethor007

• Conclave Representative
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
Which, really, is how ME 1 was, too. The most complex conversations were with Ashley and Kaidan. The aliens were even often just walking codex entries about their races - especially of course Tali. Now, ME 1 still made it work. If a movie could, I don't know...
In 2 hours instead of 20? Nah. I wouldn't be surprised if they went to the extreme of axing part of the squad.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

July 01, 2012, 12:10:36 PM
Reply #51

Offline Isbjorn

• Full Quarian
  • Shepard never gave up - Neither should you.
    • ElvenArcher3000
In 2 hours instead of 20? Nah. I wouldn't be surprised if they went to the extreme of axing part of the squad.

Probably. The audience could spend two hours just getting to get to know the crew alone. I'm just hoping we'll see the more interesting characters such as Garrus and Tali, coupled with at least 1 human + Shepard. My guess however is that we're getting Shepard + Liara + Kaidan and/or Ashley.
I'm Commander Shepard, and Tali'Zorah is my favourite girl in the galaxy.

My FF, with the goal of bringing life back to the ME universe after the events of ME3 (on hold to see what EC brings):
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8020613/1/Mass_Effect_Resurrection

July 01, 2012, 10:21:16 PM
Reply #52

Offline Seddo4494

• Full Quarian
    • seddo4494
    • Seddon4494?feature=mhee
I guess it depends who the target audience of the film is. If they're aiming to appeal to people who are already fans we obviously already know the squad so there's no need to include that sort of thing. If they're aiming to get new fans they may have to to dumb down the number of squadmates they introduce.
Time not spent with Tali is time wasted. ^-^

July 07, 2012, 10:10:01 PM
Reply #53

Offline Leighton

• Podling
    • leightonransome
I think "soon enough" won't be as soon as you think/hope.  This project has been in development Hell for over a year and could very well go the way of the Halo movie; i.e. - nowhere.  Just because a studio acquires the rights to something doesn't mean that they always end up doing anything with it.  Honestly, seeing the kind of backlash that BioWare/EA has received between ME: Deception and the ending to ME3, I wouldn't be surprised if that scares them bad enough to just forget about it.

Even if this movie does end up getting made, it's not going to be made for any of us; it's going to be made for the common movie-going public.  It will be full of "artistic changes" in order to make it more appealing to a mass audience.  Besides, if you really want to see the story of Shepard, just play the games.  It's going to be a lot more rewarding (current ending notwithstanding) than anything that Hollywood will cook up.
Im not going for the story of Shepard, if this movie gets made it most likely wont be about shepard becuase it would ruin the decisions; Renegade or Paragon. Ill see it even if it goes straight to dvd, im obsessed with mass effect. 

July 08, 2012, 12:12:20 AM
Reply #54

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
Im not going for the story of Shepard, if this movie gets made it most likely wont be about shepard becuase it would ruin the decisions; Renegade or Paragon.
True. And yet that is the stated intent, which is why I hope the film is never actually done.
The First Human Spectre

My fanfiction. ME 1 with Shepard/Tali Romance. Currently over 300,000 words.

July 13, 2012, 04:30:29 AM
Reply #55

Offline ajsyav

• Adolescent Quarian
    • ajsyav
    • HoratioCrunch
True. And yet that is the stated intent, which is why I hope the film is never actually done.

Aye. The money from ticket sales from fanboys isn't worth presenting this beautiful universe as a flaming pile of dung. Do a short prequel or something outside of the current story timelines or don't do anything at all.

July 14, 2012, 01:32:48 AM
Reply #56

Offline Archangel

• Podling
Aye. The money from ticket sales from fanboys isn't worth presenting this beautiful universe as a flaming pile of dung. Do a short prequel or something outside of the current story timelines or don't do anything at all.

That actually gives me a brilliant idea! Make a movie, a prequel like you said, from the perspective of the Protheans while they fought the Reapers. It would be nice to see more of what happened back then.

July 14, 2012, 02:18:32 AM
Reply #57

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
That actually gives me a brilliant idea! Make a movie, a prequel like you said, from the perspective of the Protheans while they fought the Reapers. It would be nice to see more of what happened back then.
From what Jarvik tells the Protheans were assholes. Why should anybody care about them? Plus, even if they weren't, I think you need humans as main cast for the audience to care about them.
The First Human Spectre

July 14, 2012, 02:44:35 PM
Reply #58

Offline .

• Pilgrim
    • point-dot-point
this really has potential ! :yes:

July 14, 2012, 11:28:04 PM
Reply #59

Offline Seddo4494

• Full Quarian
    • seddo4494
    • Seddon4494?feature=mhee
I think something about the Protheans would be good, but one of the things I liked about them was the mystery and then Javik putting the right perspective on our preconceptions. I think if we knew too much about them they wouldn't be as interesting.
Time not spent with Tali is time wasted. ^-^

August 14, 2012, 01:48:24 PM
Reply #60

Offline Tekkaman-James

• Full Quarian
  • TEK-SETTA!!
    • tekkaman-james
    • Diegus
    • My DeviantArt Site
I'm pretty sure I've said it somewhere on here before, but the most logical thing to base this movie on is the first novel.  It's an excellent introduction to the universe and the important secondary characters from the games.  Plus, anyone that sees this movie and is inspired to play the games will find the game making direct references to the film!  It's a win-win.

December 01, 2012, 03:30:21 AM
Reply #61

Offline PK

• Podling
    • PariahKing
It's going to be weird watching Shepard fall in love with Ashley/Liara and then see Tali without a face mask of some random blonde chick.

Because you know they're going to Jar Jar Binks all up in this movie franchise.

December 01, 2012, 05:40:15 AM
Reply #62

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
  • Don't stop me now, cause I'm having a good time
    • obsoletebossk
It's going to be weird watching Shepard fall in love with Ashley/Liara and then see Tali without a face mask of some random blonde chick.

Because you know they're going to Jar Jar Binks all up in this movie franchise.

Hey, let me be the first to welcome you to the forums!

And never, ever, ever mention Jar Jar.  You risk bodily harm.

December 01, 2012, 05:43:42 AM
Reply #63

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
Yoosa bosh'tet!

>:D
The First Human Spectre

December 01, 2012, 07:09:04 AM
Reply #64

Offline PK

• Podling
    • PariahKing
"Hey, let me be the first to welcome you to the forums!"

Thanks. : D

"And never, ever, ever mention Jar Jar.  You risk bodily harm."

Oh. OK. <_<

"Yoosa bosh'tet!"

10/10

December 01, 2012, 08:41:41 AM
Reply #65

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
  • Don't stop me now, cause I'm having a good time
    • obsoletebossk

December 04, 2012, 06:13:44 PM
Reply #66

Offline PK

• Podling
    • PariahKing
That post gave me a weakened immune system.

December 27, 2012, 09:44:54 AM
Reply #67

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
Tali will be the main character. I called it.

February 04, 2013, 02:35:10 AM
Reply #68

Offline Dozenn

• Podling
keelah selaļ
One day, I would go to the nexus of Hades.

August 23, 2013, 10:29:34 PM
Reply #69

Offline Rayya

• Adolescent Quarian
    • Vo0d0o3
    • Vo0d0oD0L
No...I remember a Tali's bum thread though.......but I digress. 
Theres a good chance of this but if it happens I would think it would be Krogan, Hanar, Elcor etc that get cut simply because they didn't have much to do with the first game except add variety to the alien species (with the exception of Wrex) and they would be the most costly to put in.  Garrus would be costly to but because he is a more popular squadmate and has appeared in every game I believe he will be in the movie.  Same with Tali.  She also has the benefit of being an actress in a costume instead of CGI like Garrus would presumably have to be so cost wouldn't be an issue

I know this hasn't been posted in for a while now, and the likelihood of the film ever being released is decreasing, but I think garrus could be played by an actor, you would just need a mask of some description, probably a latex one with some electronics inside to get his mandibles to move when he talks...