Author Topic: Tali - Quarian Engineer Class  (Read 2937 times)

May 11, 2012, 03:44:43 AM

Offline OwnedU2Fast

• Pilgrim
  • Tali is the best female VG character of all-time!
    • OwnedU2Fast
    • OwnedU2Fast
I wasn't sure whether to ask this in ME3 and Beyond, but seeing as it's Tali-related, I decided to ask it here. So, I'll just cut to the chase right away. I have the Quarian engineer class, and I usually spend all my time on the engineer class. The thing is, I wanted to make my Quarian Engineer look like Tali. Is it possible? I mean, I want it to look very similar to her. Do all of the customization options available allow that? If so, what pack from the store unlocks the necessary appearance options?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 05:45:11 PM by OwnedU2Fast »
Humans are a blight on galatic purity! -Mad Batarian Prophet

May 11, 2012, 08:28:20 AM
Reply #1

Offline Darman

• Pilgrim
  • Retake Mass Effect
You mean the MP class? look like Tali exactly?
That is a hard thing to work on. Right now, it is only possible to change the texture, for example you can edit it so that the hood has swirls and stuff. But this isn't easy if you want to do it without Texmod. And using Texmod with Origin is a little bit tricky but possible. you'd have this:
Mass Effect 3 Quarian Engineer Texture Mod Test

But currently you can't change the model. And as you also might have noticed the skeletal mesh (neck!)and anims aren't like Tali.
This may be possible if Warranty Voider manages it to export and import anims and models some day, but even though there is no waranty this will work with MP.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 08:29:52 AM by Darman »

May 11, 2012, 10:35:59 AM
Reply #2

Offline Isbjorn

• Full Quarian
  • Shepard never gave up - Neither should you.
    • ElvenArcher3000
I just can't figured out what's so great about the Quarian Engineer. Pulling off tech explosions with the class is nearly impossible, as Incinerate is rubbish, and the turret doesn't really do anything, unlike the Geth Turret which restores shields and staggers enemies. The class works in bronze and silver, but I don't think I've ever seen one on gold.

That texmod is pretty cool though.
I'm Commander Shepard, and Tali'Zorah is my favourite girl in the galaxy.

My FF, with the goal of bringing life back to the ME universe after the events of ME3 (on hold to see what EC brings):
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8020613/1/Mass_Effect_Resurrection

May 11, 2012, 11:41:01 AM
Reply #3

Offline OwnedU2Fast

• Pilgrim
    • OwnedU2Fast
    • OwnedU2Fast
You mean the MP class? look like Tali exactly?
That is a hard thing to work on. Right now, it is only possible to change the texture, for example you can edit it so that the hood has swirls and stuff. But this isn't easy if you want to do it without Texmod. And using Texmod with Origin is a little bit tricky but possible. you'd have this: Mass Effect 3 Quarian Engineer Texture Mod Test

But currently you can't change the model. And as you also might have noticed the skeletal mesh (neck!)and anims aren't like Tali.
This may be possible if Warranty Voider manages it to export and import anims and models some day, but even though there is no waranty this will work with MP.

I just can't figured out what's so great about the Quarian Engineer.

Well, she's well rounded, and if you
combine Cryo Blast and Incinerate, they are very deadly. The combat drone is amazing if you upgrade it to the final evolution, and the sentry works well enough.

May 11, 2012, 11:45:29 AM
Reply #4

Offline OwnedU2Fast

• Pilgrim
    • OwnedU2Fast
    • OwnedU2Fast
Sorry, double post.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 03:32:33 PM by OwnedU2Fast »

May 11, 2012, 01:40:08 PM
Reply #5

Offline Darman

• Pilgrim
  • Retake Mass Effect
I just can't figured out what's so great about the Quarian Engineer. Pulling off tech explosions with the class is nearly impossible, as Incinerate is rubbish, and the turret doesn't really do anything, unlike the Geth Turret which restores shields and staggers enemies. The class works in bronze and silver, but I don't think I've ever seen one on gold.

Its not a texmod. Its a texture changed in the games pcc and tfc files. You don't need any tool to laod it.

Quarian engineer is my favorite class. Watching her run is awesome ^^
Btw, as OwnedU stated, the cryo and incinerate are highly effective combined. Full upgraded incinerate is also very strong against armor. Only weakness is that the class can't do anything against shields. But equipped with a carnifex, I also won some gold rounds with her.

May 11, 2012, 03:36:04 PM
Reply #6

Offline OwnedU2Fast

• Pilgrim
    • OwnedU2Fast
    • OwnedU2Fast
Quarian engineer is my favorite class. Watching her run is awesome ^^

Lol. I didn't want to admit it. But... Well, she doesn't have DEM HIPS, but she does have dem hips.

May 11, 2012, 04:44:34 PM
Reply #7

Offline Rear Admiral Kikaimegami

• リジョンマンセル
  • Machine Goddess
  • Ship Captain
  • dem head-flaps :wub:
    • kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Home of the Machine Goddess
Its not a texmod. Its a texture changed in the games pcc and tfc files. You don't need any tool to laod it.

Interesting. I may check this out, because I've read up on how to get texmod working with Origin, and it sounds like a huge headache. I HAVE TEXTURE MOD IDEAS Y'ALL

A fully specced turret on QE is pretty nice. Unfortunately, QE is one of those classes that you have to be good at to make it work, otherwise you're a liability.
<Kikaimegami> technically every post I make is about Legion's ass!

This world is what we can give
Scarred from the way we lived
All those dreams we shared for you
How I wish they could come true
 :legionsnipe: :kikai:

We dreamed of a world in peace
But killed for a life of ease
Now we leave the wounds for you
What else can the dying do?

=^..^= (This) Forum Rules! =^..^= Legion Steam Community =^..^= My ME2 Projects =^..^=

May 11, 2012, 05:05:34 PM
Reply #8

Offline Rune

• The Watching Talimancer
  • Ship Captain
I wasn't sure whether to ask this in ME3 and Beyond, but seeing as it's Tali-related, I decided to ask it here. So, I'll just cut to the chase right away. I have the Quarian engineer class, and I usually spend all my time on the engineer class. The thing is, I wanted to make my Quarian Engineer look like Tali. Is it possible? I mean, I want it to look EXACTLY like her. Do all of the customization options available allow that? If so, we pack from the store unlocks the necessary appearance options?
No.