Author Topic: Tali in the new DLC (some spoilers)  (Read 14727 times)

March 05, 2013, 05:40:50 PM

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
So I just beat the new DLC and wow. The adorableness of all the tali dialogue in it was insane. Also, Tali sings. yeah. I couldnt believe it when I saw it. Shes got a good singing voice too, although we all knew that.

March 05, 2013, 09:05:23 PM
Reply #1

Offline mikethor007

• Conclave Representative
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
*looks it up on youtube*
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

March 05, 2013, 11:24:50 PM
Reply #2

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
  • Don't stop me now, cause I'm having a good time
    • obsoletebossk
*looks it up on youtube*
Same. No way Bioware is getting my money for THIS......

March 06, 2013, 02:02:02 AM
Reply #3

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
shame. This is the one dlc thats actually worth it imo.

March 06, 2013, 02:20:43 AM
Reply #4

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
    • obsoletebossk
shame. This is the one dlc thats actually worth it imo.
Earth is under siege, the galaxy is being steamrolled by murderous ancient death machines, and you.........are given a house and told to relax..................?
Am I missing something here?

March 06, 2013, 04:04:34 PM
Reply #5

Offline mikethor007

• Conclave Representative
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
Earth is under siege, the galaxy is being steamrolled by murderous ancient death machines, and you.........are given a house and told to relax..................?
Besides, around $15 is too much for this IMO. I'll consider it once the game and its DLCs get to the bargain bin. IF that happens.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

March 06, 2013, 11:35:42 PM
Reply #6

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
So? The whole ME3 plot is garbage. You could pick everything apart, like why the normandy lands in front of Harbinger int he EC. The way they justify it is that theyw ant shepard to be at his best for the last battle.  But really, the point is that this has lots of tali content. Thats all that matters.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 11:38:41 PM by Mental Surge »

March 07, 2013, 04:16:52 AM
Reply #7

Offline Formis_Sage

• Ship Captain
  • Hoodies rule!
    • Formis
    • ransomark
So? The whole ME3 plot is garbage. You could pick everything apart, like why the normandy lands in front of Harbinger int he EC. The way they justify it is that theyw ant shepard to be at his best for the last battle.  But really, the point is that this has lots of tali content. Thats all that matters.
I'm not buying anything that doesn't directly change the ending. Maybe wouldn't even if the ending wasn't shit, that'd be like finishing a book and then buying additional chapter set in the middle of the plot.

I'm sure to watch it on YT at least, the characters, Tali especially, are worth that, but Bioware won't see any of my money anytime soon,  EA made sure of that. :ermm:
Fluttershy is always adorable, no exception. :3

March 07, 2013, 05:19:20 AM
Reply #8

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
    • obsoletebossk

Well, I disagree, but even if we go on the basis that the ME3 plot is garbage, it isn't smart so say "it is broken, lets pay them to break it harder!"

March 07, 2013, 11:13:51 AM
Reply #9

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine

I have to agree with obsolete (for once :D ), shouldn't ME 3's broken storyline mean you shouldn't spend more money on the game?
The First Human Spectre

My fanfiction. ME 1 with Shepard/Tali Romance. Currently over 300,000 words.

March 07, 2013, 01:28:02 PM
Reply #10

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
I have to agree with obsolete (for once :D ), shouldn't ME 3's broken storyline mean you shouldn't spend more money on the game?
Uh no. because this dlc isnt about the garbage story, its about the characters and the characters are all I care about in ME3. It has lots of Tali content. Please read what i say.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:34:43 PM by Mental Surge »

March 07, 2013, 01:29:31 PM
Reply #11

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
Well, I disagree, but even if we go on the basis that the ME3 plot is garbage, it isn't smart so say "it is broken, lets pay them to break it harder!"
Ummm it is for me. I dont care about the ME3 plot, all i care about is the characters and thats exactly what this dlc offers. Lots of Tali content. The point is I could care less if it breaks the story more because the story was already broken, the point is that its character focused. Personally I dont think its smart to abandon the dlc which focuses on the series`strongest aspect (the characters) just because you dont think it makes sense from a story perspective, even though it does. If you actually play the dlc you would know that they DO justify the premise of it immediately. Compare that to something like the Normandy landing in front of Harbinger in the EC. Now THAT makes no sense.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:33:37 PM by Mental Surge »

March 07, 2013, 02:04:54 PM
Reply #12

Offline Formis_Sage

• Ship Captain
  • Hoodies rule!
    • Formis
    • ransomark
Uh no. because this dlc isnt about the garbage story, its about the characters and the characters are all I care about in ME3. It has lots of Tali content. Please read what i say.
Truth be told, Bioware's character writing is way better than their story writing and I still love the characters even when I can't stand the story, so even only for them it'dprobably be worth it.
But for me it's also about not giving anymore money to the company (EA) that ruined ME trilogy. :dry:

March 07, 2013, 02:06:38 PM
Reply #13

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
Truth be told, Bioware's character writing is way better than their story writing so even only for the characters it'd be probably worth it.
But for me it's also about not giving anymore money to the company (EA) that ruined ME trilogy. :dry:
I agree, as well  Im one to bash Bioware and ME dlcs regularly. But this one really is worth it because of the characters.

March 07, 2013, 02:37:25 PM
Reply #14

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
    • obsoletebossk
I agree, as well  Im one to bash Bioware and ME dlcs regularly. But this one really is worth it because of the characters.

Yes, and it might be worth watching on youtube for the characters, but buying it is just encouraging them to make the same mistakes.  "It made money last time, lets do it again!" 

March 07, 2013, 02:42:29 PM
Reply #15

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
Yes, and it might be worth watching on youtube for the characters, but buying it is just encouraging them to make the same mistakes.  "It made money last time, lets do it again!"
If anything, it encourages them to be more character focused, which is alright by me.

Omega. Now THATS a DLC you shouldnt buy.

March 07, 2013, 10:29:49 PM
Reply #16

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
Don't be patronizing, you're in no position to. Anyway, the point is the DLC is in fact a DLC, not a stand-alone thing. It only works as part of ME 3. So you are in fact more spending money on ME 3 and thus are also still supporting everything that went wrong with the game. At least, financially - and in the end, that's all Bioware cares about (which in itself is no crime, since they are in fact a business, but that makes it all the more important to not give financial incentives to fuck up to them).

As for Bioware's character... eh. Yes, their character writing is good, but sometimes that's a problem on its own, in a way. ME 2 was so enamoured with its characters that it completely forgot to have a story at all :p There is sometimes just too much focus on the characters.
The First Human Spectre

March 07, 2013, 11:22:49 PM
Reply #17

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
    • obsoletebossk
Don't be patronizing, you're in no position to. Anyway, the point is the DLC is in fact a DLC, not a stand-alone thing. It only works as part of ME 3. So you are in fact more spending money on ME 3 and thus are also still supporting everything that went wrong with the game. At least, financially - and in the end, that's all Bioware cares about (which in itself is no crime, since they are in fact a business, but that makes it all the more important to not give financial incentives to fuck up to them).

As for Bioware's character... eh. Yes, their character writing is good, but sometimes that's a problem on its own, in a way. ME 2 was so enamoured with its characters that it completely forgot to have a story at all :p There is sometimes just too much focus on the characters.

I hate agreeing with you, but alas, I must.

March 08, 2013, 11:30:56 PM
Reply #18

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian

I will be patronizing because you are not making any sense. complaining that the rest of the game is bad and therefor this dlc is somehow also bad. I think you are missing the point. this dlc is worth the time it takes to play it becasue of the characters and the writing in it. hoenstly, this dlc makes the game better, so why not who cares if its part of ME3? This dlc is the level of quality that the rest of the game should ahve been and its worth the money. And I disagree, If you support this dlc, it shows you are supporting what they did right, and thats the chracters. I love tali in ME3. And if theres a dlc that has good writing and lots of tali content, and is worth the money, Yeah I will recommend it to other talifans.

Im honestly trying to understand ur argument here. Yous ay its not worth it because the rest of the game is subpar? This is better than the rest of the game and its worth hours of content. Its worth the money. Oh wait, you havent even played it. I forgot. Are you mad that it ruins the already bad story? How? Its justified why the the dlc takes place int he dlc anyway. Oh wait, you havent played it. It just seems like you are saying this dlc is bad.... because we are giving Bioware money. And yeah, that is bad, but the dflc itself is so good its actually a well done and deserving dlc,a nd shows what they can do RIGHT that is deserving of money int he end. Now if we were talking about Omega then Id say you have a point. The fact is IMO this DLC IS worth 15 dollars.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:53:55 PM by Mental Surge »

March 08, 2013, 11:31:47 PM
Reply #19

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
I hate agreeing with you, but alas, I must.
lol oh what a surprise.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 11:44:46 PM by Mental Surge »

March 09, 2013, 01:18:31 AM
Reply #20

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
    • obsoletebossk
lol oh what a surprise.

Lets not degenerate into petty insults.   I think financially supporting ME3 is wrong, because Bioware refuses to fix what the fans hate.  Personally, I don't think it needs fixing, but Bioware is ignoring their fanbase, and they don't deserve ANY money because of that.

March 09, 2013, 02:28:38 AM
Reply #21

Offline Formis_Sage

• Ship Captain
  • Hoodies rule!
    • Formis
    • ransomark
Well, watched it on youtube. All the character content is indeed awesome on its own, but the dlc doesn't work much when considered a part of the game. The plot isn't bad in itself, but the sheer amount of jokes destroys any tension or build-up and sets an atmosphere that stands out like a sore thumb in the middle of a galaxy-wide war for survival (Kinda like a middle-finger... Nah, just ignore me :P).
With all the references and stuff, one can tell that Bioware's been listening to the fans while making this dlc, maybe a bit too much actually, basically it feels like a bunch of fanfic writers sat down together to write a story for DLC filled to the brim with anything hilarious the fans ever wanted the chracters to do or say. Too bad Bioware weren't listening when it actually mattered. ???

So yeah, if you consider the character content, the DLC sure is awesome. A good way to say goodbye to the characters and get some closu-... Wait, nevermind, they're all still gonna get screwed over by the little piece of sh*t (with sprinkles on top thanks to the EC) at the end.

Lets not degenerate into petty insults.   I think financially supporting ME3 is wrong, because Bioware refuses to fix what the fans hate.  Personally, I don't think it needs fixing, but Bioware is ignoring their fanbase, and they don't deserve ANY money because of that.
I don't think Bioware could do much at this point even if they wanted (and maybe they really want), you know, EA wanting moar money and stuff, sucking any potential out of Bioware like the parasite they are. :dry:
Sadly, the only way to deprive EA of money from this is through Bioware. :ermm:

PS: Sorry if I'm not making any sense, it's quite late (or soon already depending on the point of view) here and I'm half asleep. :talitired:

March 09, 2013, 04:16:26 AM
Reply #22

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
    • obsoletebossk
Well, watched it on youtube. All the character content is indeed awesome on its own, but the dlc doesn't work much when considered a part of the game. The plot isn't bad in itself, but the sheer amount of jokes destroys any tension or build-up and sets an atmosphere that stands out like a sore thumb in the middle of a galaxy-wide war for survival (Kinda like a middle-finger... Nah, just ignore me :P).
With all the references and stuff, one can tell that Bioware's been listening to the fans while making this dlc, maybe a bit too much actually, basically it feels like a bunch of fanfic writers sat down together to write a story for DLC filled to the brim with anything hilarious the fans ever wanted the chracters to do or say. Too bad Bioware weren't listening when it actually mattered. ???

So yeah, if you consider the character content, the DLC sure is awesome. A good way to say goodbye to the characters and get some closu-... Wait, nevermind, they're all still gonna get screwed over by the little piece of sh*t (with sprinkles on top thanks to the EC) at the end.
I don't think Bioware could do much at this point even if they wanted (and maybe they really want), you know, EA wanting moar money and stuff, sucking any potential out of Bioware like the parasite they are. :dry:

PS: Sorry if I'm not making any sense, it's quite late (or soon already depending on the point of view) here and I'm half asleep. :talitired:

I ended up playing it...........*sigh*.

Bioware, why don't you just listen?  Please?  Just once?  This isn't a bad comedy, guys!  Stop trying to make it one! And for fuck's sake, stop undermining all tension by giving us.......this!   >:(  Alright, alright, it was funny at parts, but it felt so ridiculously out of place I don't even know where to begin.  This is NOT worth your money.

March 09, 2013, 05:16:33 AM
Reply #23

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
I will be patronizing because you are not making any sense.
At least my posts are readable. If you truly want to be condescending, maybe you should invest a bit more effort into yours, or you'll simply come across as ridiculous.

My main argument is in fact about financial incentives. This is no stand-alone product, it's a DLC. Any money it makes is indeed further money ME3 makes. Financial profit calculations for a game include DLCs. So this makes ME 3 that much more successful, financially. And that just is setting the wrong financial incentive. Considering how bad it is, ME 3 already made too much money for Bioware. It shouldn't generate any more. It is thus irrelevant just what the particular focus of the DLC is. It's enough that it is a ME 3 DLC.

Besides, consensus here seems to be that the DLC's story is ridiculous. You might say that's okay, because it focuses on characters - but completely neglecting the story in favour of characters is in fact one of the things that goes gradually more wrong in Bioware's games. It was a problem in ME 2 already, it was a great problem in DA 2, and in ME 3 characters couldn't save the game anymore, either. So, a one-sided focus on characters is not even a good thing to start with!

Bioware let itself be bought out. It was a friendly take-over. So, as much as we all may want to separate between good Bioware and the bad corporate raider EA here, that's not really the truth. Besides, since it is in fact Bioware messing up, it even should be Bioware being deprived of money.
The First Human Spectre

March 09, 2013, 07:50:17 AM
Reply #24

Offline FsDxRAGE

• Technologically induced rage.
  • Full Quarian
  • Golshifteh Farahani FTW.
Obsolete, you are a BK.