Author Topic: Tali in the new DLC (some spoilers)  (Read 14749 times)

March 09, 2013, 07:53:03 AM
Reply #25

Offline Dr. Tran

• Administrator
  • Ship Captain
  • Zomg...
    • rdaruszka
    • darklordmyst
    • clickhereforlettuce.net
I ended up playing it...........*sigh*.

Bioware, why don't you just listen?  Please?  Just once?  This isn't a bad comedy, guys!  Stop trying to make it one! And for fuck's sake, stop undermining all tension by giving us.......this!   >:(  Alright, alright, it was funny at parts, but it felt so ridiculously out of place I don't even know where to begin.  This is NOT worth your money.

Because EA.

End of Line.
He once challenged his reflection to a staring contest... On the fourth day, he won.
Please read the Forum Rules before posting.
We have an IRC!  IRC Info
And a nice webchat!  Web IRC

:legionsnipe:

March 09, 2013, 07:54:13 AM
Reply #26

Offline Deadeas

• That Courier New Guy
  • Ship Captain
    • Deadeas
    • Deadeas
    • Deadeas

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:00:39 AM by Deadeas »

March 09, 2013, 07:55:01 AM
Reply #27

Offline Dr. Tran

• Administrator
  • Ship Captain
  • Zomg...
    • rdaruszka
    • darklordmyst
Also periods, like exclamation points, come in ones and threes.  Thou shall not use 4, nor shall thou use 2 unless then thou proceedeth to 3.  5 is right out.
He once challenged his reflection to a staring contest... On the fourth day, he won.

March 09, 2013, 07:56:52 AM
Reply #28

Offline Rear Admiral Kikaimegami

• リジョンマンセル
  • Machine Goddess
  • Ship Captain
  • dem head-flaps :wub:
    • kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Home of the Machine Goddess
So, this has happened. Meanwhile, EA is fucking up Simcity.
<Kikaimegami> technically every post I make is about Legion's ass!

This world is what we can give
Scarred from the way we lived
All those dreams we shared for you
How I wish they could come true
 :legionsnipe: :kikai:

We dreamed of a world in peace
But killed for a life of ease
Now we leave the wounds for you
What else can the dying do?

=^..^= (This) Forum Rules! =^..^= Legion Steam Community =^..^= My ME2 Projects =^..^=

March 09, 2013, 07:57:37 AM
Reply #29

Offline Foxdonut

• Jade Falcon Fag
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
  • The shit I put up with.
Same. No way Bioware is getting my money for THIS......
Earth is under siege, the galaxy is being steamrolled by murderous ancient death machines, and you.........are given a house and told to relax..................?
Am I missing something here?
I ended up playing it...........*sigh*.

Bioware, why don't you just listen?  Please?  Just once?  This isn't a bad comedy, guys!  Stop trying to make it one! And for fuck's sake, stop undermining all tension by giving us.......this!   >:(  Alright, alright, it was funny at parts, but it felt so ridiculously out of place I don't even know where to begin.  This is NOT worth your money.

Proper usage of ellipsis pls edgelord.

Pls.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:00:18 AM by Foxdonut »

You don't hide beer from Fox. He's like the glowing eye of Sauron behind a twelve pack. "I see you"

March 09, 2013, 07:59:53 AM
Reply #30

Offline FsDxRAGE

• Technologically induced rage.
  • Full Quarian
  • Golshifteh Farahani FTW.
Earth is under siege, the galaxy is being steamrolled by murderous ancient death machines, and you.........are given a house and told to relax..................?
Am I missing something here?

March 09, 2013, 08:03:16 AM
Reply #31

Offline Dr. Tran

• Administrator
  • Ship Captain
  • Zomg...
    • rdaruszka
    • darklordmyst

March 09, 2013, 08:07:40 AM
Reply #32

Offline Foxdonut

• Jade Falcon Fag
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
  • The shit I put up with.
*snip*

I want to get off the ........'s wild ride!

You don't hide beer from Fox. He's like the glowing eye of Sauron behind a twelve pack. "I see you"

March 09, 2013, 02:24:08 PM
Reply #33

Offline Formis_Sage

• Ship Captain
  • Hoodies rule!
    • Formis
    • ransomark
Bioware let itself be bought out. It was a friendly take-over. So, as much as we all may want to separate between good Bioware and the bad corporate raider EA here, that's not really the truth. Besides, since it is in fact Bioware messing up, it even should be Bioware being deprived of money.
True, perhaps at the time it even seemed like a good choice for them, better financial support and stuff. And if I remember corretly from one article I read right after it happened, They stated that though they own the studio now they'll give them more freedom and won't intrude in their game development. Well, not sure who believed them at the time, but we all know how that turned out (as usual with EA). :dry:

But regardless of where you put the blame, Bioware are EA's biches (that's intentional :P) now, no salvation for them.
Fluttershy is always adorable, no exception. :3

March 09, 2013, 02:43:32 PM
Reply #34

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
  • Don't stop me now, cause I'm having a good time
    • obsoletebossk
Obsolete, you are a BK.
Uh...ok?

^Fixed this for you.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:46:06 AM by Foxdonut »

March 09, 2013, 03:18:51 PM
Reply #35

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
At least my posts are readable. If you truly want to be condescending, maybe you should invest a bit more effort into yours, or you'll simply come across as ridiculous.

My main argument is in fact about financial incentives. This is no stand-alone product, it's a DLC. Any money it makes is indeed further money ME3 makes. Financial profit calculations for a game include DLCs. So this makes ME 3 that much more successful, financially. And that just is setting the wrong financial incentive. Considering how bad it is, ME 3 already made too much money for Bioware. It shouldn't generate any more. It is thus irrelevant just what the particular focus of the DLC is. It's enough that it is a ME 3 DLC.

Besides, consensus here seems to be that the DLC's story is ridiculous. You might say that's okay, because it focuses on characters - but completely neglecting the story in favour of characters is in fact one of the things that goes gradually more wrong in Bioware's games. It was a problem in ME 2 already, it was a great problem in DA 2, and in ME 3 characters couldn't save the game anymore, either. So, a one-sided focus on characters is not even a good thing to start with!
Bioware let itself be bought out. It was a friendly take-over. So, as much as we all may want to separate between good Bioware and the bad corporate raider EA here, that's not really the truth. Besides, since it is in fact Bioware messing up, it even should be Bioware being deprived of money.
Actually a lot of tali fans love this dlc. Have you been to clan Zorah lately? This is the only place I have seen that doesnt like it, and funny enough most of those people havent played it. And if you seriously cant read what I am saying then you should get your eyes checked.  ME3 doesnt deserve money becasue it just isnt good enough to justify 70 dollars. This dlc on the other hand IS good enough to justify 15 dollars and if you already have ME3 then it is worth it. Its simple as that. And if buying this helps Bioware realize that character focused content is better then thats even more of a plus. Honestly I dont get you people. every other tali fan I have talked to who didnt like ME3, loved this dlc. If you atually play it and experience it for yourself then you might as well. If you really dont want to give bioware money then pirate it. The funny thing is that I didnt even start this thread by sayiing yous hould buy it, I started it by saying you should PLAY it. Yes buying it would be nice to help Bioware see what the fans want but just experiencing it is all was implying. Instead you are just bashing it because its attached to ME3. Thats sad.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 03:26:44 PM by Mental Surge »

March 09, 2013, 06:16:12 PM
Reply #36

Offline FsDxRAGE

• Technologically induced rage.
  • Full Quarian
  • Golshifteh Farahani FTW.
All trolling aside, I enjoyed the hell outta it. for the first time in a year, I feel positive about Mass Effect.

March 09, 2013, 08:17:48 PM
Reply #37

Offline Formis_Sage

• Ship Captain
  • Hoodies rule!
    • Formis
    • ransomark
All trolling aside, I enjoyed the hell outta it. for the first time in a year, I feel positive about Mass Effect.
Like I said, it isn't bad on it's own, it just didn't fit in the atmosphere of galaxy-wide war going on. Were it set after the end of the Reaper War or somewhere during ME2, or if it wasn't part of the canon storyline at all, by all means, but right now it's basically this:

(Pic is a link to review by the creator of Marauder Shields comics)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 08:20:53 PM by Formis_Sage »

March 09, 2013, 10:15:12 PM
Reply #38

Offline mikethor007

• Conclave Representative
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

March 10, 2013, 07:41:09 PM
Reply #39

Offline Octo

• Migrant Fleet Marine
ME3 doesnt deserve money becasue it just isnt good enough to justify 70 dollars. This dlc on the other hand IS good enough to justify 15 dollars and if you already have ME3 then it is worth it.
But you can't separate the two. Bioware has already milked the money out of the main game, and now it makes further money in the ME 3 department out of DLCs. As I've said, DLCs are considered part of a game's profit. This will increase ME 3's overall profit and hence set the wrong incentives.

And if buying this helps Bioware realize that character focused content is better then thats even more of a plus.
Nonono, I don't want Bioware to become even more character focused. Yes, sure, they can write characters, we all agree on that. They can also make games where that focus on characters over story or over RPG elements is a real problem. So, I say, less focus on characters!

If you really dont want to give bioware money then pirate it.
Okay, you have a point there, at least. Then again... eh, everything people praise about the game can also simply be watched on YT. I mean it appears the game mostly consists of long cutscenes without any player input at all. Which really was my main problem with ME 3 (not the endings!), and now they continue it in this DLC! Goddamn, I want control over my Shepard back. I want it to be my Shepard again, not Bioware's. Really all those cutscenes lose all meaning to me if I can't act in them. Even those that were universally praised in ME 3 are just meh to me for that reason. I don't even care how well written they are, I want control and interactivity!

Otherwise, might indeed simply watch them on Youtube. Or not even that.
The First Human Spectre

My fanfiction. ME 1 with Shepard/Tali Romance. Currently over 300,000 words.

March 10, 2013, 08:45:49 PM
Reply #40

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
    • obsoletebossk

March 10, 2013, 10:59:17 PM
Reply #41

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
But you can't separate the two. Bioware has already milked the money out of the main game, and now it makes further money in the ME 3 department out of DLCs. As I've said, DLCs are considered part of a game's profit. This will increase ME 3's overall profit and hence set the wrong incentives.
Nonono, I don't want Bioware to become even more character focused. Yes, sure, they can write characters, we all agree on that. They can also make games where that focus on characters over story or over RPG elements is a real problem. So, I say, less focus on characters!
Okay, you have a point there, at least. Then again... eh, everything people praise about the game can also simply be watched on YT. I mean it appears the game mostly consists of long cutscenes without any player input at all. Which really was my main problem with ME 3 (not the endings!), and now they continue it in this DLC! Goddamn, I want control over my Shepard back. I want it to be my Shepard again, not Bioware's. Really all those cutscenes lose all meaning to me if I can't act in them. Even those that were universally praised in ME 3 are just meh to me for that reason. I don't even care how well written they are, I want control and interactivity!

Otherwise, might indeed simply watch them on Youtube. Or not even that.
if I already own ME3, and the dlc is worth it and it can help them focus content more on what I value most, so why would I NOT buy it? You are missing the point. The point is that this dlc is worth the money. Simple as that. Oh wait  you havent even played it. If you really dont want to even try the dlc and you dont want to support them being more character focused then I guess dont bother playing it. Perhaps I just assumed the vast majority of talifans liked the characters the most. ME3 was garbage in general, but this dlc was worth the 15 dollars to me so I can easily rationalize buying it.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 11:04:59 PM by Mental Surge »

March 10, 2013, 11:03:22 PM
Reply #42

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
Ok, then.  Thats nice.
lol. well obsolete you DID say the green ending is well written.  :P

March 11, 2013, 12:04:35 AM
Reply #43

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
    • obsoletebossk
lol. well obsolete you DID say the green ending is well written.  :P

It was!  The entire game was well-written...(COUNT THEM, 3!!!) this DLC kind of isn't.  The Tali singing scene...(1,2,3) that was absolutely terrible.

March 11, 2013, 12:51:23 AM
Reply #44

Offline mikethor007

• Conclave Representative
  • Norse God of Thunder
    • mikethor007
The Tali singing scene...(1,2,3) that was absolutely terrible.
That scene made me cringe. Sheesh.
"A toaster is just a death ray with a smaller power supply!"
Toaster

March 11, 2013, 01:03:58 AM
Reply #45

Offline Formis_Sage

• Ship Captain
  • Hoodies rule!
    • Formis
    • ransomark
It was!  The entire game was well-written...(COUNT THEM, 3!!!) this DLC kind of isn't.  The Tali singing scene...(1,2,3) that was absolutely terrible.
Hmmm... I suppose I could consider the ending well-written. If you instead of the ending changed the entire rest of the trilogy so that it'd actually have some theme coherence and continuity, and then rewrote the God-child's monologue to make some sense. It doesn't matter how well-written the individual parts are if they can't work well together.

And Tali's singing scene wasn't entirely well done, but compared to all the bullsh*t coming out of the Catalyst's mouth, it was still a music to my ears.

March 11, 2013, 01:12:21 AM
Reply #46

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
Oh my god. Im still under the impression that you  are trolling as no one in the right mind could possibly say the ending is well written. Let alone the GREEN ending. Lol

Shepard walks into beam. Now everything is green and glowing. TOASTERS HAVE ORGANS AND PLANTS HAVE BUILT-IN IPODS. Please tell me you are trolling.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 01:15:53 AM by Mental Surge »

March 11, 2013, 02:44:59 AM
Reply #47

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
    • obsoletebossk
Oh my god. Im still under the impression that you  are trolling as no one in the right mind could possibly say the ending is well written. Let alone the GREEN ending. Lol

Shepard walks into beam. Now everything is green and glowing. TOASTERS HAVE ORGANS AND PLANTS HAVE BUILT-IN IPODS. Please tell me you are trolling.

Didn't we already go through this on a multiple page thread?  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

March 11, 2013, 03:09:47 AM
Reply #48

Offline Mental Surge

• Full Quarian
Didn't we already go through this on a multiple page thread?  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

its just that ur opinion is dumb brohan.  :P

March 11, 2013, 03:57:26 AM
Reply #49

Offline obsolete

• Full Quarian
    • obsoletebossk
its just that ur opinion is dumb brohan.  :P
Well, with that one sentence, you have officially invalidated anything you ever have and ever will say on account of mind-numbing stupidity.  Good day, sir.