Author Topic: Welcome to heart, Tali zora.  (Read 1668 times)

January 13, 2014, 06:10:40 PM
Reply #1

Offline Seven

• Full Quarian
    • r0guehunt3r
    • r0guehunt3r
So they went ahead and named her Tali'Zorah, despite the fact that the father created a thread in which *everyone* said that it was a bad idea. Wow.

They could have called her Tali Zorah [Last Name], and no one would have thought anything of it.
Tali: I thought I'd lost you.
Shepard: You were worried?
Tali: You bet I was! You dying because the geth overrode my hack? Think of my reputation!
Shepard: You were worried.

January 14, 2014, 01:23:07 AM
Reply #2

Offline D. Trump

• Full Quarian
  • YOU'RE FIRED!
That's pretty extreme and dumb. The poor girl will be a walking pun-target for life. Of course, given the fact that her parents went all the way to name her Tali, chances are she will like Mass Effect (maybe it's hereditary). Now they will adopt a dog and call it Geth.
"You worry too much." - John Shepard

January 14, 2014, 01:35:20 AM
Reply #3

Offline Seven

• Full Quarian
    • r0guehunt3r
    • r0guehunt3r
A far bigger problem is the fact that she technically has two last names.
Tali: You bet I was! You dying because the geth overrode my hack? Think of my reputation!

January 14, 2014, 01:59:54 PM
Reply #4

Offline D. Trump

• Full Quarian
  • YOU'RE FIRED!
Makes you think: if they have a boy, will he be called Kal'Reegar? Or Kal'Zorah? It's the same "clan", so the name must be the same.

The reason I'm raging is because, if you are a true hardcore fan of ME (and an annoying one too, because you extend your obsession to others), you could name your child Tali, Shala, Rael, Thane, Garrus, or even a more "stealthy" Jane and there won't be a problem with it. Peolple who met the person would think that was probably a foreign influence of some kind. It's the same logic as it's normal to be called Dwayne but no one is named The Rock.
"You worry too much." - John Shepard

January 14, 2014, 04:30:08 PM
Reply #5

Offline Seven

• Full Quarian
    • r0guehunt3r
    • r0guehunt3r
Tali was a name long before Mass Effect, so calling your child that is a complete non-issue.

I have a tarantula called Tali'Zorah, but there is no way that I would ever call a child that. It just draws far too much unwanted attention.

January 21, 2014, 06:06:45 AM
Reply #6

Offline Rune

• The Watching Talimancer
  • Ship Captain
10/10 would fund her college