Author Topic: Useless topic of the week: Unimportant pool from Dorkly  (Read 3598 times)

February 06, 2014, 01:40:57 AM
Reply #25

Offline D. Trump

• Full Quarian
  • YOU'RE FIRED!
A necromancer "deals" with undead, creating and commanding them, so a Talimancer should "deal" with Tali, and how would be that? Oh wait, i get it...

Seeing Tali face was both relieving and cheesy. All in all I like to think they never showed her face. Although I lost counting of how many times looked at that photo frame.
"You worry too much." - John Shepard

February 06, 2014, 07:49:51 AM
Reply #26

Offline Seven

• Full Quarian
    • r0guehunt3r
    • r0guehunt3r
Actually, Talimancer is a shortening of Tali Romancer. It has nothing to do with -mancy.
Tali: I thought I'd lost you.
Shepard: You were worried?
Tali: You bet I was! You dying because the geth overrode my hack? Think of my reputation!
Shepard: You were worried.

February 11, 2014, 07:42:21 PM
Reply #27

Offline Seven

• Full Quarian
    • r0guehunt3r
    • r0guehunt3r
Tali's behind Liara. I wish they would show at least one decimal point, because it's frustrating not knowing more precisely how far back.
Tali: You bet I was! You dying because the geth overrode my hack? Think of my reputation!

February 11, 2014, 11:07:24 PM
Reply #28

Offline D. Trump

• Full Quarian
  • YOU'RE FIRED!
It's amazing to see the score hasn't changed too much. I thought by now some Super SD wannabe would be winning!

February 11, 2014, 11:44:41 PM
Reply #29

Offline Seven

• Full Quarian
    • r0guehunt3r
    • r0guehunt3r
Super SD wannabe? Also, I find it remarkable that a character that BW was not even sure that people would like is holding her own against their "darling" character.

February 12, 2014, 12:18:21 AM
Reply #30

Offline D. Trump

• Full Quarian
  • YOU'RE FIRED!
My bad, the "Super" is redundant. I meant "Super Deformed".

Maybe the whole Tali thing got them by surprise, and she was only a weird sidekick in concept.

February 12, 2014, 12:23:44 AM
Reply #31

Offline Seven

• Full Quarian
    • r0guehunt3r
    • r0guehunt3r
BW wasn't sure if people would like Tali and Garrus. And they ended up becoming the two most popular Characters. How ironic.

February 12, 2014, 01:10:15 AM
Reply #32

Offline D. Trump

• Full Quarian
  • YOU'RE FIRED!
Guess they were not sure of just about everything and just played along. Seems like bad planning if the writers can't focus the game on the important characters or even decide who are they in the first place.

February 12, 2014, 10:17:12 AM
Reply #33

Offline Seven

• Full Quarian
    • r0guehunt3r
    • r0guehunt3r
It was more the fact that people might have found Garrus and Tali too alien. I can't exactly blame them; had it not been for the great voice acting - neither character was that well written in the first game - I don't think that either of them would have been liked all that much. Thank the Lord for Ash "Liz" Sroka.

February 12, 2014, 06:55:18 PM
Reply #34

Offline Seven

• Full Quarian
    • r0guehunt3r
    • r0guehunt3r
And so Liara won. That's rather annoying; at least Tali beat the Ice Queen.

But, honestly, I don't know what people see in Liara. Her character development didn't seem very natural at all; she went from being a naive archaeologist to a vengeful information broker. Her line about flaying a debtor alive with her mind was particularly cringe-worthy. Yeah, because such an extreme reaction is perfectly called for.