Author Topic: Retarded question  (Read 4208 times)

May 15, 2014, 04:19:12 PM

Offline D. Trump

• Full Quarian
  • YOU'RE FIRED!
Why Tali's hood has a bulge? Seems every other quarian has a tight-fitting hood over their helmets. Maybe just so she stands out? But just this doesn't seem enough reason. You don't see that much quarians around, and when you do, they wear different colors and patterns. And are standing still, as opposed to following you.

It's kind of strange. Every turian looks basically the same, but you can always tell which one is Garrus (WITHOUT looking at the visor).
"You worry too much." - John Shepard

May 16, 2014, 04:22:44 PM
Reply #1

Offline Seven

• Full Quarian
    • r0guehunt3r
    • r0guehunt3r
I'm pretty sure that the devs did not give it much thought. It's probably just another visual element to set Tali apart from the other quarians, since, in her case, you cannot see what is normally the single most distinct part of a character: her face. Obviously, Garrus does not have that problem (even sans visor).
Tali: I thought I'd lost you.
Shepard: You were worried?
Tali: You bet I was! You dying because the geth overrode my hack? Think of my reputation!
Shepard: You were worried.

May 18, 2014, 11:58:29 AM
Reply #2

Offline Janne

• Podling
Tali's pilgrimage suit had a pretty tight-fitting hood didn't it? Have to say she looks better in ME2&3 with that more fabricy hood.

May 18, 2014, 05:54:26 PM
Reply #3

Offline The Joke Breaker

• Adolescent Quarian
  • Hmm, i might be a communist.
she could be a hipster...
The one who believes in equality and accidentally ruins your jokes with logic.

May 19, 2014, 05:04:21 AM
Reply #4

Offline D. Trump

• Full Quarian
  • YOU'RE FIRED!
Being able to tell her apart from other quarians really seems to be the reason, but as I mentioned before, it's kind of strange, as her fanbase wouldn't mistake her for other quarians and the people who don't like her couldn't care less.

I dunno, but the idea that comes to mind sometimes it's just that too many people with different points of view worked in the games (especially the second and third ones) so we see that some aspects were given a decent amount of thinking and others were done without much debate.

Tali's pilgrimage suit had a pretty tight-fitting hood didn't it? Have to say she looks better in ME2&3 with that more fabricy hood.

Indeed it looks better. But as Tali is generally very conservative and not into fashions, it strikes the eye as just odd. If it was something like "Hey, now all weapons use magazines thermal clips. Oh, and adult quarians keep their hood loose also."

she could be a hipster...

:D Possible. Reminded me of this:

"You worry too much." - John Shepard

January 20, 2015, 02:05:07 PM
Reply #5

Offline rogen80

• Adolescent Quarian
Originally, I always imagined her hood bulged because she wanted to look more "human" in order to be more appealing to Shepard. We know that in ME 1, she had a huge crush on Shepard (according to LotSB DLC), and would likely notice what human females did to "attract mates". So, she decided to adopt a more "human look" with a bulgey hood that looks like hair, since her quarian hair would be tucked away inside her helmet.

But, Shepard "died" on the SR-1, so perhaps she did it to honor his memory? After he was lost, she probably was devastated and wanted some way to remember him.  :talicry:

Idk... no other quarian has that same style though. So it's pretty uniquely "Tali" (and therefore awesome)!  :talimystery:
I'm as free as the dust in the solar wind...