Author Topic: What don't you like about Tali?  (Read 18627 times)

June 18, 2010, 09:30:39 PM

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
I was curious. If you disagree with one of her views (such as on the Geth, etc), or thought perhaps she was overreacting one time, or anything else like that, share.

If there isn't anything you particularly dislike (or think could be better) about her, don't post.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 01:32:25 AM by Collider »

June 18, 2010, 09:33:24 PM
Reply #1

Offline SkullandBonesmember

• Full Quarian
  • 'SPLOSHUNS
The only example I can think of is her views on the geth and she even budges a little bit in ME2, so....... nothing? :)

June 18, 2010, 09:34:12 PM
Reply #2

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
What did you disagree with specifically?

June 18, 2010, 09:34:22 PM
Reply #3

Offline Dr. Tran

• Administrator
  • Ship Captain
  • Zomg...
    • rdaruszka
    • darklordmyst
    • clickhereforlettuce.net
I disagreed with her views on the geth, but she begins to come around in ME2 so alls well.
He once challenged his reflection to a staring contest... On the fourth day, he won.
Please read the Forum Rules before posting.
We have an IRC!  IRC Info
And a nice webchat!  Web IRC

:legionsnipe:

June 18, 2010, 09:36:08 PM
Reply #4

Offline SkullandBonesmember

• Full Quarian
  • 'SPLOSHUNS
What did you disagree with specifically?

Each and everyone of them are horrible, the geth weren't justified in fighting for their survival when there was nothing to indicate they would rebel, etc.

June 19, 2010, 05:04:12 AM
Reply #5

Offline Captain Catfish

• Pilgrim
  • Get on the ball!
I suppose the only real thing about her that bugs me is her inexperience, but considering that that's not even her fault, I shouldn't even really count it.  But it just seems weird to see her around all of these battle-hardened veterans.
"I need to feel your skin against mine."

June 19, 2010, 05:14:14 AM
Reply #6

Offline Doommarine23

• Kikai's Son
  • Full Quarian
Ignorance to Geth and the reality that Quarians basically created life and horribly abused it.

June 19, 2010, 05:40:55 AM
Reply #7

Offline Xero-One

• Pilgrim
I have to agree with what most of the others said. Her views on the Geth. My beef with it is that her views are based on history lessons. None of the Quarians living on the Flotilla were around when they were exiled, so their feelings toward the Geth were inherited by those who were. The hostility is understandable given their history, but I get the feeling Tali had never encountered a Geth until the events with Saren.
Hey everyone, this post STILL discriminates against the poor!

June 19, 2010, 06:19:49 AM
Reply #8

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
I suppose the only real thing about her that bugs me is her inexperience, but considering that that's not even her fault, I shouldn't even really count it.  But it just seems weird to see her around all of these battle-hardened veterans.
Ashley didn't have any experience either. But both Tali & Ashley had combat training before they actually went into combat. And by the time you recruit Tali in ME2, she's seen plenty of combat already.

June 19, 2010, 06:56:28 AM
Reply #9

Offline Doommarine23

• Kikai's Son
  • Full Quarian
I have to agree with what most of the others said. Her views on the Geth. My beef with it is that her views are based on history lessons. None of the Quarians living on the Flotilla were around when they were exiled, so their feelings toward the Geth were inherited by those who were. The hostility is understandable given their history, but I get the feeling Tali had never encountered a Geth until the events with Saren.

Pretty much that.

June 19, 2010, 06:58:22 AM
Reply #10

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
Well, she does. Saren's treachery is revealed because Tali hacked a geth.

June 19, 2010, 07:35:54 AM
Reply #11

Offline Xero-One

• Pilgrim
Well, she does. Saren's treachery is revealed because Tali hacked a geth.

I know, I just lumped it together. I was referring to the time before she hacked the Geth, before she left the Flotilla
Hey everyone, this post STILL discriminates against the poor!

June 19, 2010, 02:04:02 PM
Reply #12

Offline privateerkev

• Full Quarian
  • Assuming direct control of the priiize...
    • Look at this...
She is an apologist for attempted genocide.

And yeah, she handed Legion some unclassified data. But I have yet to see anything that shows her budging from wanting to destroy all geth.

And before a bunch of you pull out your flamethrowers, keep in mind this topic is about what "I" do not like about Tali. And this is what I do not like. You will find it hard to argue with me about what I think or feel. If you want to debate the substance of what I do not like, let's do it in some other topic. No need to derail this thread.

June 19, 2010, 02:28:23 PM
Reply #13

Offline UHDNRT

• Ship Captain
  • Men anpil, chay pa lou
    • My FF.net Profile
Private, we can dissagree with the conclusion you have drawn from the evidence all we want- we just can't deny you the right to that opinion or state that it is factually wrong (it is VERY open to interpretation, depending on evidence/scenes cited).

What I don't like?  That all of her conversations either lead to her loyalty mission (foreshadowing, and not really a negative), and after that all lead to either romance or a ridiculous conversation lockdown.  Considering how she was presented in ME1 and ME2 up until that point, I felt I should have had to work harder before romancing her became an option. (although, this is true of every relationship other than Jack and Thane)

I also dislike that they toned down her snarkiness; her tactical sarcasm from ME1 was amazing.  Not enough of it in ME2.
Apre bal, tanbou lou ma chere.  Are you prepared to face yours?

June 19, 2010, 05:18:44 PM
Reply #14

Offline Lemonwizard

• Full Quarian
  • So stupid he might just be brilliant?

This is a good thing that makes her character much better.
In the debate of all things, Occam's Razor reigns supreme.

June 19, 2010, 08:16:13 PM
Reply #15

Offline Doommarine23

• Kikai's Son
  • Full Quarian
Private, we can dissagree with the conclusion you have drawn from the evidence all we want- we just can't deny you the right to that opinion or state that it is factually wrong (it is VERY open to interpretation, depending on evidence/scenes cited).

What I don't like?  That all of her conversations either lead to her loyalty mission (foreshadowing, and not really a negative), and after that all lead to either romance or a ridiculous conversation lockdown.  Considering how she was presented in ME1 and ME2 up until that point, I felt I should have had to work harder before romancing her became an option. (although, this is true of every relationship other than Jack and Thane)

I also dislike that they toned down her snarkiness; her tactical sarcasm from ME1 was amazing.  Not enough of it in ME2.

Considering it takes two years in the future, it's understandable that Tali is less snarky.

June 19, 2010, 08:58:56 PM
Reply #16

Offline Lemonwizard

• Full Quarian
  • So stupid he might just be brilliant?
Considering it takes two years in the future, it's understandable that Tali is less snarky.

Being understandable doesn't change that it's still lame.
In the debate of all things, Occam's Razor reigns supreme.

June 19, 2010, 09:15:36 PM
Reply #17

Offline Rear Admiral Kikaimegami

• リジョンマンセル
  • Machine Goddess
  • Ship Captain
  • dem head-flaps :wub:
    • kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Kikaimegami
    • Home of the Machine Goddess
I don't like the way Tali thinks it's cool to run from cover into praetorians.

Goddamnit Tali, get back into co--Tali is KO'd.

Son of a bi--NO NOT YOU TOO LEGION GET BACK HERE--Legion is KO'd.

I CAN'T TAKE YOU PEOPLE ANYWHERE
<Kikaimegami> technically every post I make is about Legion's ass!

This world is what we can give
Scarred from the way we lived
All those dreams we shared for you
How I wish they could come true
 :legionsnipe: :kikai:

We dreamed of a world in peace
But killed for a life of ease
Now we leave the wounds for you
What else can the dying do?

=^..^= (This) Forum Rules! =^..^= Legion Steam Community =^..^= My ME2 Projects =^..^=

June 20, 2010, 05:06:10 PM
Reply #18

Offline Savakka1

• Ship Captain
  • Pro Quarian.
Her views on the Geth is the only thing, and even it is extrmely minor fact to me. And she starts to change her views in ME2. But I have to say that I didnīt think very highly of the Geth before meeing with Legion.

June 20, 2010, 06:04:14 PM
Reply #19

Offline FXI

• Full Quarian
Her views on the Geth is the only thing, and even it is extrmely minor fact to me. And she starts to change her views in ME2. But I have to say that I didnīt think very highly of the Geth before meeing with Legion.

I'm sorry, but I really don't get the feeling that she's changing her views on the geth in ME2. Near as I can tell her trust in Shepard is the only thing stopping her from scrapping Legion on the spot.
Tali might no longer be my girl, but she will always be my Shepard's girl.

June 20, 2010, 06:05:39 PM
Reply #20

Offline Rune

• The Watching Talimancer
  • Ship Captain
I'm sorry, but I really don't get the feeling that she's changing her views on the geth in ME2. Near as I can tell her trust in Shepard is the only thing stopping her from scrapping Legion on the spot.
Agreed. But I don't not like anything about Tali so I can't post anything else in here :ninja:

June 20, 2010, 06:16:38 PM
Reply #21

Offline Savakka1

• Ship Captain
  • Pro Quarian.
Her opinion about the Geth doesnīt matter that much to me. As long as she is fine with Legion I have no problem at all. Oh well, I have never had any problems with Tali,and intend not to have.

June 20, 2010, 10:36:51 PM
Reply #22

Offline Dr. Tran

• Administrator
  • Ship Captain
  • Zomg...
    • rdaruszka
    • darklordmyst

I'd say that is definitively true when you first drag legion on board, however the choice to give the geth -any- information at all (upper left blue ftw) in the loyalty conflict shows a move away from pure hating of the geth in my opinion.
He once challenged his reflection to a staring contest... On the fourth day, he won.

June 20, 2010, 10:55:55 PM
Reply #23

Offline FXI

• Full Quarian
I'd say that is definitively true when you first drag legion on board, however the choice to give the geth -any- information at all (upper left blue ftw) in the loyalty conflict shows a move away from pure hating of the geth in my opinion.

Sadly there simply is not enough data to settle this one way or the other, but if you side with Legion in that conflict then re-gain Tali's loyalty with either paragon or renegade options she quite clearly continues to hold nothing but animosity towards the geth.

She literally gets up in your face about it.
Tali might no longer be my girl, but she will always be my Shepard's girl.

June 20, 2010, 11:00:03 PM
Reply #24

Offline Dr. Tran

• Administrator
  • Ship Captain
  • Zomg...
    • rdaruszka
    • darklordmyst
Sadly there simply is not enough data to settle this one way or the other, but if you side with Legion in that conflict then re-gain Tali's loyalty with either paragon or renegade options she quite clearly continues to hold nothing but animosity towards the geth.

She literally gets up in your face about it.

Indeed, not enough evidence.  Also I think what shep does has a major impact on it.  If you toss legion out the airlock (give him to cerberus) why would she change her views at all?  If you keep him and upper left blue your way through everything, well thats another story.  I upper left blue almost everything so... yeah.