Author Topic: What don't you like about Tali?  (Read 18642 times)

June 20, 2010, 11:04:17 PM
Reply #25

Offline Savakka1

• Ship Captain
  • Pro Quarian.
Indeed, not enough evidence.  Also I think what shep does has a major impact on it.  If you toss legion out the airlock (give him to cerberus) why would she change her views at all?  If you keep him and upper left blue your way through everything, well thats another story.  I upper left blue almost everything so... yeah.
That is true. After that Upper-Left Blue, I have a strong feeling that her views will change gradually. Guess we will see in ME3.

June 20, 2010, 11:05:00 PM
Reply #26

Offline Dr. Tran

• Administrator
  • Ship Captain
  • Zomg...
    • rdaruszka
    • darklordmyst
    • clickhereforlettuce.net
That is true. After that Upper-Left Blue, I have a strong feeling that her views will change gradually. Guess we will see in ME3.

'Specially if you keep on the upper left blue train.
He once challenged his reflection to a staring contest... On the fourth day, he won.
Please read the Forum Rules before posting.
We have an IRC!  IRC Info
And a nice webchat!  Web IRC

:legionsnipe:

June 20, 2010, 11:05:37 PM
Reply #27

Offline Savakka1

• Ship Captain
  • Pro Quarian.
'Specially if you keep on the upper left blue train.
That does sound a lot like me.

June 20, 2010, 11:06:01 PM
Reply #28

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
I'd say that is definitively true when you first drag legion on board, however the choice to give the geth -any- information at all (upper left blue ftw) in the loyalty conflict shows a move away from pure hating of the geth in my opinion.
I agree. If you take the charm option, she cooperates with Legion.

Considering her race's history with the Geth, I thought that Tali handled herself very well in Legion's loyalty mission. In the fight, the only thing she was worried about was a war between the Geth and the Quarians. Legion even admits that finding out the Flotilla's location would likely start a war. In this argument I sided with Tali because what Shepard says there fits my Shepard more than the charm option, but afterwards he apologizes to Legion and regains his loyalty.

June 20, 2010, 11:09:14 PM
Reply #29

Offline FXI

• Full Quarian
Indeed, not enough evidence.  Also I think what shep does has a major impact on it.  If you toss legion out the airlock (give him to cerberus) why would she change her views at all?  If you keep him and upper left blue your way through everything, well thats another story.  I upper left blue almost everything so... yeah.

Speaking about it that way, paragoning or renegading that encounter, (both result in Tali giving non-classified data to legion) is the only way to see anything but outright hatred towards the geth from her. All other options and routs have her thinking the same way she always has before.

But really, I think her willingness to work with Legion is more or a sigh of her immense trust in Shepard then it is of any changed views towards the geth. And I fully expect for there to be some sort of conflict between her and the geth in ME3.
Tali might no longer be my girl, but she will always be my Shepard's girl.

June 20, 2010, 11:09:33 PM
Reply #30

Offline Savakka1

• Ship Captain
  • Pro Quarian.
I agree. If you take the charm option, she cooperates with Legion.

Considering her race's history with the Geth, I thought that Tali handled herself very well in Legion's loyalty mission. In the fight, the only thing she was worried about was a war between the Geth and the Quarians. Legion even admits that finding out the Flotilla's location would likely start a war. In this argument I sided with Tali because what Shepard says there fits my Shepard more than the charm option, but afterwards he apologizes to Legion and regains his loyalty.
Off-Topic: You can regain Legions loyalty after that argument?

June 20, 2010, 11:11:17 PM
Reply #31

Offline FXI

• Full Quarian
Off-Topic: You can regain Legions loyalty after that argument?

Yes, via paragon or renegade. Just talk to him about the fight with Tali.

I'm going to test it next time, but I think the paragon and renegade checks for that conversation are the same as the ones in the actual fight.

June 20, 2010, 11:17:04 PM
Reply #32

Offline Dr. Tran

• Administrator
  • Ship Captain
  • Zomg...
    • rdaruszka
    • darklordmyst
Yes, via paragon or renegade. Just talk to him about the fight with Tali.

I'm going to test it next time, but I think the paragon and renegade checks for that conversation are the same as the ones in the actual fight.
I've -heard- that the later checks are about 70% and the first checks are 90%.  Don't have any evidence though.
He once challenged his reflection to a staring contest... On the fourth day, he won.

June 20, 2010, 11:18:28 PM
Reply #33

Offline CamoBadger

• Ship Captain
I've -heard- that the later checks are about 70% and the first checks are 90%.  Don't have any evidence though.
I think it depends on the character as well.
For instance, i couldn't get Miri to go back to being loyal, but I could get Legion to go back.

Hush now quiet now, itís time to lay your sleepy head. Hush now quiet now, itís time to go to bed. Dear donít dream of him, keep your mind off of his hymn. Dear donít dream of him, or wake and see the dead.

June 20, 2010, 11:22:52 PM
Reply #34

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
You have to be very paragon or very renegade to get Miranda's loyalty back, and the earlier you do their loyalty missions, you better the chance. Getting Legion's loyalty back is a lot easier.

June 20, 2010, 11:23:51 PM
Reply #35

Offline FXI

• Full Quarian
I think it depends on the character as well.
For instance, i couldn't get Miri to go back to being loyal, but I could get Legion to go back.

Ah, but in that stuff either the paragon or the renegade choice is easier then the other. So much so that a 50/50 split is pretty much guaranteed to get you by.

Were you mostly paragon or renegade at the time?

June 20, 2010, 11:24:45 PM
Reply #36

Offline Dr. Tran

• Administrator
  • Ship Captain
  • Zomg...
    • rdaruszka
    • darklordmyst
You have to be very paragon or very renegade to get Miranda's loyalty back, and the earlier you do their loyalty missions, you better the chance. Getting Legion's loyalty back is a lot easier.

I heard that all the paragon/renegade checks where based off percentages of how much you -could- have gotten at that point.  Interesting way of doing things I think.

June 20, 2010, 11:25:04 PM
Reply #37

Offline CamoBadger

• Ship Captain
I had to talk to him a little first though. I couldn't do the first renegade option, but after asking him about the conversation I could do the second renegade option.
I think that it may be because his mind causes him to always think logically, while organics have the emotions to interfere.

Hush now quiet now, itís time to lay your sleepy head. Hush now quiet now, itís time to go to bed. Dear donít dream of him, keep your mind off of his hymn. Dear donít dream of him, or wake and see the dead.

June 20, 2010, 11:25:28 PM
Reply #38

Offline CamoBadger

• Ship Captain
Ah, but in that stuff either the paragon or the renegade choice is easier then the other. So much so that a 50/50 split is pretty much guaranteed to get you by.

Were you mostly paragon or renegade at the time?
I was mostly renegade.

July 03, 2010, 10:06:06 PM
Reply #39

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
I dislike the paragon/renegade system in ME.

July 03, 2010, 11:03:03 PM
Reply #40

Offline Muk

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
  • The Qun is pretty deep. You wouldn't understand it
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Splinkdoodles
Bit of a side note, siding with Tali, and then appologizing to Legion afterward causes Legion to become... upset with the quarians.

July 03, 2010, 11:12:05 PM
Reply #41

Offline FXI

• Full Quarian
Bit of a side note, siding with Tali, and then appologizing to Legion afterward causes Legion to become... upset with the quarians.

How so?

July 03, 2010, 11:56:19 PM
Reply #42

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
I don't think he was upset.

July 04, 2010, 12:25:49 AM
Reply #43

Offline Swhitelake7

• Adolescent Quarian
some of her views of the geth but in me2 she starts to come around but other than that there is nothing else whats not to like

July 04, 2010, 04:58:47 PM
Reply #44

Offline Avian

• Full Quarian
    • Avian005
    • http://steamcommunity.com/id/thoix
    • ThoixHeoro
Just her views on the Geth, but some paragon options could always help her see the truth (Tali's & Legion's argument).

July 04, 2010, 05:41:14 PM
Reply #45

Offline emedeka

• Migrant Fleet Marine
  • Is a Life-like chat V.I.
    • mdkcde
She aimed a gun at my BRO-TIER breakdancing robot friend.

But it's ok all is forgiven.

I would really like that next time Garrus brings up the immune system conversation she simply draws her shotgun and shoot it aiming at the floor. It would give me a "GARrus NOOOOOOO" moment.

I Suport Legion Prime.
Because if he's going to be a NPC, he better be the Best NPC in the history of mankind.

Jesse James Allen. a.k.a. Lower Afterlife Bitchin' Rave song composer. did this track called Zorah's Fire as a temptative ME3 theme for Tali.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBOwP2RFDhA&feature=related

July 04, 2010, 10:34:25 PM
Reply #46

Offline Muk

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Splinkdoodles
I don't think he was upset.
More than upset. "When our mission is over, the creators will pay for their crimes against the geth."

July 04, 2010, 11:00:41 PM
Reply #47

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
More than upset. "When our mission is over, the creators will pay for their crimes against the geth."
You said "siding with Tali, and then appologizing to Legion"
What I meant is that he's not really upset after you apologize to him. After siding with Tali, yea, but not after you apologize.

July 04, 2010, 11:04:42 PM
Reply #48

Offline Muk

• Uniocular American
  • Global Moderator
  • Ship Captain
    • Mukora
    • Mukora09
    • Splinkdoodles
You said "siding with Tali, and then appologizing to Legion"
What I meant is that he's not really upset after you apologize to him. After siding with Tali, yea, but not after you apologize.
Are you sure? I usually charm both of them, so I wouldn't know.

July 04, 2010, 11:06:00 PM
Reply #49

Offline Collider

• Migrant Fleet Marine
Are you sure? I usually charm both of them, so I wouldn't know.
? If you charmed the fight, then you wouldn't need to charm Legion...anyway, if you use charm to apologize to Legion, he says that he understands that organics have emotions and are fearful of the geth, and you get his loyalty back.